97 Silver Meteor south from Washington DC ~ meals

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

user 6862

Engineer
We are boarding the 97 SM at Washington in March heading to Charleston, we have a roomette.

We depart WAS at 7:30 pm and arrive Charleston at 5:06 am the next morning. Are we unlucky enough to miss both the evening dinner and the morning breakfast due to the timing or will we get one or both meals?

From the timetable it doesn't appear as though the train stops for any length of time at WAS, so I assume dinner will have started and will continue during the WAS stop?

It's not a big deal just we have ample time before departure in WAS to get a meal but wont of course if we will eat on board.

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Dinner at 7:30 should definitely be yes. But you will not be served breakfast arriving Charleston, unless the train becomes a couple of hours late during the night

Usually, the passengers boarding 97 in WAS are given an 8pm dinner reservation. I take 97 quite often and have only missed dinner 3 times due to a very late train. Those times, I was given cash with which to purchase dinner in Union Station. I highly recommend waiting for 97 in the Acela Lounge. An agent will board you and, if the train is running extremely late, it is likely you will receive compensation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Penny hit this on the head: You'll have either a 7:30 or 8:00 dinner reservation, and they'll hold the diner for a while if the train drops some time. If the train drops too much time (say, 2-3 hours) you'll get compensated...but that also means there is a decent chance you'll be on the train for breakfast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back