A couple of questions

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaron was saying that you weren't wrong and that even Amtrak calls that car an "Observation Car". He was inviting the_traveller to go and tell Amtrak that they were calling the car by an "improper" name.

Oh geez, I am so sorry, Aaron. I misinterpreted what you said. Thanks, Ryan, for pointing it out.

Put your head in the corner of the wall and the window and then spread out under the seat as you kind, kind of like a backwards L with your knees bent a little and your feet under the seat and facing the wall which would make it darker too.
There is usually lots of room above the seats, so you should not have any problem getting everything you have up there.

I got my microbead pillow on ebay, but amazon has them also. There is also a direct page, http://www.cushiepillows.com/
Nice, June. Did you get the roll pillow?

And do you mean something like this? (Train layout courtesy of PerRock's blog, thanks, PerRock!)

sleep.jpg
Yes, if you have to sit upstairs. But if you look at the seats downstairs, they have the seats wrong, they don't have the seats facing each other on the same side, they either turn all the seats to face forward, half and half. If all the seats are facing the same way, hopefully it is going forward, not runnng backwards. I had a backwards trip and ended up with vertigo and falling face first and smashing my nose and face. I have learned that now I make sure the seats are facing forward, if not, I ask the attendant if there is a lower level facing forward as I cannot sit backwards for my health.

We are thinking of bringing our guitar and violin with us in Coach. I was thinking of bungee cording them to the rack above the seats so they don't flop around.

Will we have to schlep our instruments around with us every time we go to the diner car or leave our seats?

Sleeping in the lounge is pretty hotly contested around here.

Some people are more polite about it than others.

(personally, I don't think that people should do it either, but a) this isn't a thread to discuss that and b) when discussing it still think that it's appropriate to disagree without being disagreeable)

Thanks Ryan.

Matt:

I am curious. Did you see the "Cut the lady some slack" posts earlier in the thread? And the comments that the founder of this group would be ashamed of behavior like that?

Thanks Ryan
Matt:

I am curious. Did you see the "Cut the lady some slack" posts earlier in the thread? And the comments that the founder of this group would be ashamed of behavior like that?
??? What was wrong with Matt's post ???

Last edited by a moderator:
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="junebug" data-cid="462396" data-time="1376789348"><p>Thanks Ryan.<br />

<br />

Matt:<br />

I am curious. Did you see the "Cut the lady some slack" posts earlier in the thread? And the comments that the founder of this group would be ashamed of behavior like that?</p></blockquote>

??? What was wrong with Matt's post ???
I didn't see anything in Matt's above post either. But, I drink alot of gin :hi:

Hey! I thought that the name of this thread was "A couple of questions"........I only have one.........'What kind of tire should I get for a Comfortable ride'? :lol:

.(you have to have seen the tv commercial to appreciate my comment) :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey! I thought that the name of this thread was "A couple of questions"........I only have one.........'What kind of tire should I get for a Comfortable ride'? :lol:
;) ;)

Ryan said "Generally, I try to avoid name calling and advocating that people I disagree with be "offloaded", but hey that's just me."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back