A few days in Switzerland (again!)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil_M

Conductor
Greetings from Lucerne!

Decided to have a few days in the (real) rail mecca of Switzerland.

2 nights in Lucerne, then 2 nights in Brunnen from tomorrow.

Some pictures here http://50031.fotopic.net/c1694204.html , captions and more pictures to follow!

Last edited by a moderator:
Neil, AWESOME pictures as usual!!! :)

When I win the Lottery I will come over and you will have to show me around to all these great places and we will have a few pints too!!! I will have to leave wife in London and let her go to Harrods shopping. Cheers! :rolleyes:

Neil, AWESOME pictures as usual!!! :) When I win the Lottery I will come over and you will have to show me around to all these great places and we will have a few pints too!!! I will have to leave wife in London and let her go to Harrods shopping. Cheers! :rolleyes:
If you are paying then you can have all the guided tours you need! ;)

Some more pictures here- http://50031.fotopic.net/c1695108.html

Today was a bit of a train riding day, down the Gotthard from Brunnen to Locarno, the metre gauge FART (yes, really!) from Locarno to Domodossala in Italy, one of my favourite lines that, the 100 Valleys Line, incredibly scenic, then the short hop from Domodossola to Brig through the Simplon tunnel, then Brig to Spiez via the new Lotschberg tunnel, a German ICE from Spiez to Interlaken, the metre gauge Zentralbahn via Brunig from Interlaken to Lucerne, dinner in Lucerne in the Rathaus Brewery by the river, then back from Lucerne to Brunnen in time for a nightcap.

All in all a good day.

Tomorrow may be a photographing session at Amsteg depending on the weather, if its raining then the boat to Lucerne and a visit to the Swiss Transport Museum, then home from Zurich at 5pm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Neil, AWESOME pictures as usual!!! :) When I win the Lottery I will come over and you will have to show me around to all these great places and we will have a few pints too!!! I will have to leave wife in London and let her go to Harrods shopping. Cheers! :rolleyes:
If you are paying then you can have all the guided tours you need! ;)

Some more pictures here- http://50031.fotopic.net/c1695108.html

Today was a bit of a train riding day, down the Gotthard from Brunnen to Locarno, the metre gauge FART (yes, really!) from Locarno to Domodossala in Italy, one of my favourite lines that, the 100 Valleys Line, incredibly scenic, then the short hop from Domodossola to Brig through the Simplon tunnel, then Brig to Spiez via the new Lotschberg tunnel, a German ICE from Spiez to Interlaken, the metre gauge Zentralbahn via Brunig from Interlaken to Lucerne, dinner in Lucerne in the Rathaus Brewery by the river, then back from Lucerne to Brunnen in time for a nightcap.

All in all a good day.

Tomorrow may be a photographing session at Amsteg depending on the weather, if its raining then the boat to Lucerne and a visit to the Swiss Transport Museum, then home from Zurich at 5pm.
Thanks for the great pictures again! :)

Neil,
As always, I enjoy the pics. Now I want to get on the plane and go ride trains.
Go on you know you want to! Rail travel in Switzerland is soothing and mellow. You know it does you good! ;)

You got that right. I was looking at your pictures . . . and I wanted to say to a colleague, "I know what heaven is like." And then show her one of our pictures of a train rolling under the cantenary with the mountains in the background. But somehow I don't think she would get it . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back