Acela Express First Class benefits

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

J-1 3235

Lead Service Attendant
AU Supporting Member
I'm considering a roundtrip from BOS to STM later this month. Will book first class on the return trip as travel will be later in the day (dinner and beverages).

What is provided during an early (0810) departure as far as meals, etc., in first class?

Thanks in advance!

Mike

Well you'll have the benefit of Club Acela in Boston to start with, which allows coffee, juices, pastries, etc. You'll be allowed to board the train with other First Class passengers before Business Class is boarded. Once you're on board you will be offered two or three breakfast options (for me it was waffles, french toast, or cereal plus a few side items). You will recieve complimentary beverages throughout the trip plus a copy of the New York Times or Boston Globe I believe. I was thuroughly impressed the experience when I rode it a couple of years ago. But Alan is the true expert on the subject.

I think that B51 summed things up rather nicely, they'll provide you with lots of coffee, tea, juice, or milk depending on what you fancy. I've also seen omlets, cereal, and other breakfast items. They never have more than 3 choices, but the choices get rotated every few months.

Dinner of course also offers 3 choices, usually a fish or pasta choice, a chicken choice, and a red meat choice. They also offer a light fare, should you not be all that hungry. Again all drinks are free and that includes alcoholic beverages and they have a halfway decent selection.

While the food will be served on a plastic tray, the dishes themselves are glass and you'll have real silverware to eat with, along with a nice cloth napkin. Oh and no TSA's walking by and checking you for knives. :lol:

As B51 mentioned, you would also be entitled to use the Club Acela lounge in Boston. These lounges are a nice quiet refuge in the often-bustling train station. They have nice plush chairs, conference rooms, computer terminals, newspapers, TV's, free soft drinks, juices, coffee, tea and clean safe bathrooms. They also allow you to board your train before the rest of the masses.

In Boston the lounge is actually upstairs above the ticket windows, the door is to the left of the windows and to the right of an information kiosk. There is a small doorbell to the right of the door. Ring the bell and wait for a beep. Just show your tickets to the attendant at the desk and you're in. They will announce when your train is ready.

Thank You B51 and AlanB, I appreciate your informative (and rapid) replies.
Mike
Once you're a select plus member, are you able to use the lounge as often as you want? Even if you aren't taking Amtrak that day?

Mike
Once you're a select plus member, are you able to use the lounge as often as you want? Even if you aren't taking Amtrak that day?
Yup :) I was with Alan in February and we didn't ride Amtrak that day and he got both us in at NYP and PHL it was really cool!

Mike
Yup :) I was with Alan in February and we didn't ride Amtrak that day and he got both us in at NYP and PHL it was really cool!
Cool :) I'm going to be Select Plus very soon, soooo I'm excited!

Mike
Cool :) I'm going to be Select Plus very soon, soooo I'm excited!
congratulations! I will only be making select this year but not until mid August. If you live in the Northeast then being select plus really has that great benefit of unlimited lounge use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back