Acela first class seating

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

darien-l

OBS Chief
We are a family of four, going NYP-WAS tomorrow at 7pm in Acela First. It's my dad's birthday and of course New Year's Eve, and we would really like to have dinner together at one of the four-person tables in first class. The problem is, there's only four of those, and seating is first-come, first-serve. What's the best way to increase our chances at scoring one of those tables? Call ahead and try to reserve? Ask for red cap assistance and try to be the first to board? Is there anything that ClubAcela personnel can do, such as contacting someone on the train and have them hold the table? Thanks!

I'd go with the red cap and tell him upfront of your desire. Good luck. I may be mistaken on this but that train may originate in Boston so there would likely be people all ready on board.

I ride that train fairly regularly and in my experience the staff is very helpful. I'm sure they will at least try to seat you together. Have fun.

Even if it does originate in BOS, many of the people will be getting off at NYP. I usually see. A 75-90% turnover in NYP (in both directions and on both AE and Regionals). I would still go the Red Cap route and board before the other passengers!

Since you're boarding in NYP and going FC, don't forget that you are entitled to use the Club Acela! When you check in, ask the attendant that you would like a Red Cap and what you would like to do. They will make the arrangements, and I think you have a very good chance!

Good luck and wish him a Happy Birthday for me!

Just get a redcap when you get to the Club Acela. The redcap will ensure that you are at the platform when the train pulls into NYP, and you will be among the first to board. Most people actually try to avoid the four person tables in FC unless they are with a party of three or four, so I think you have a good shot of getting one of them if you utilize the redcap.

Good luck!

Yes, the train was completely deserted. There were only two other people besides us in the first class car. On the downside, both attendants appeared totally hammered and could barely walk straight. One actually burped when taking our food order! 30 minutes out of NY, both passed out in their seats for the remainder of the trip.

Im glad you were able to get your seats, but as for as for the attendants, thats pretty unprofessional.

First class? those attendants showed no class.

Yes, the train was completely deserted. There were only two other people besides us in the first class car. On the downside, both attendants appeared totally hammered and could barely walk straight. One actually burped when taking our food order! 30 minutes out of NY, both passed out in their seats for the remainder of the trip.
I hope you will take the time to contact customer service and provide this info so it can be acted upon. Totally inexcusable.

I agree with OBS, definitely contact Customer Service about this incident.

I also think that the conductor should have been notified. I doubt the conductor would be too happy about two of his crew members being drunk onboard, but I am sure he would appreciate the fact that he was notified. A drunk attendant on any train could lead to an incident,

Wow, that is really poor form if they were drunk. Sorry to hear that. But I do have to say that it is pretty common for the attendants to sit towards the front of the car once they finish service and if seats are available.

I sometimes find that I get better service when the car is kind of busy because then the attendants are going up and down the aisle and you can grab their attention for a drink refill, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back