ACS-64 Heads Up

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have any others been delivered since January or February?

This is an odd question....even coming from you...since you participated in the swirl regarding a unit possibly being numbered 666. Even the most cursory glance of this thread can determine how many units have been delivered since January, particularly since one is mentioned in fairly recent posts.

So, ff you wish to find the numbers, here is a theory that may help your efforts:

read1.jpg

In the interim, no other units have made the 3000+ mile trip behind your back.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, . . . #667 has presumably reached the east coast.

So that leaves 668, 669, 670. . . .
Not yet. 667 was sighted in Chicago yesterday. It will likely land in WAS tomorrow.

The delivery schedule for the final few units is drawn out. If nothing changes, 670 is scheduled to ship out of Florin on 4/29, which means it'll end up on 6 (5/1).
Here's plenty of info, for those willing to go back two pages to Comment #1820.

Others may prefer to ignore the relevant info and post over and over, "Are we there yet?"

Others may prefer to ignore the relevant info and post over and over, "Are we there yet?"
Kids tend to do that, like in the back seat of a car :p We need to discover what is the right equivalent of a lollipop or a pacifier. ;)
Man, I was just asking if there have been any delivered since January or February. I knew the last deliveries I heard was up to 667. Jeez-a-ree!

And FYI, I'm not much of a kid anymore. I'm 18.

Kids tend to do that, like in the back seat of a car :p We need to discover what is the right equivalent of a lollipop or a pacifier. ;)
Man, I was just asking if there have been any delivered since January or February. I knew the last deliveries I heard was up to 667. Jeez-a-ree!

And FYI, I'm not much of a kid anymore. I'm 18.
All ACS-64 deliveries have been documented in this thread. Just scrolling back a few pages would answer your question. As far as I know, there have not been any stealth deliveries (picturing an ACS-64 encased in a covering that looks like a box car - done just to annoy Amtrak fans).

Posting a question about facts that have been previously posted and are easily found tends to annoy people.

YouTube user gergorygrice posted this video from Wednesday of AMTK 664 with the SEPTA sign pulling a test train in Connecticut.

I saw AMTK 668 on #6(09) at Ottumwa, Iowa this morning. The train left thirteen minutes late and on the left track. Before this California Zephyr left, I heard the BNSF dispatcher tell the crew that, due to a late-running #4, they would be doing a station stop at Mendota, Illinois.

Do they still use the old locomotives (AEM-7) after they have been replaced? Are they kept in a yard as backups? Are they sold to other railroads? Are they used for parts? Or do they get scrapped?

Do they still use the old locomotives (AEM-7) after they have been replaced? Are they kept in a yard as backups? Are they sold to other railroads? Are they used for parts? Or do they get scrapped?
I believe all but 2 have been retired and those 2 are on loan to MARC (Maryland's transportation agency).

Amtrak maintains all of them, so MARC is just along for the ride.

942/946 are pinch hitting for HHP's, the MARC AEM's have been junk for quite a long time. They were off for refurb about 5 years ago that went on and on and on. When they came back, the briefly roamed in pairs before getting parked again.

Amtrak maintains all of them, so MARC is just along for the ride.

942/946 are pinch hitting for HHP's, the MARC AEM's have been junk for quite a long time. They were off for refurb about 5 years ago that went on and on and on. When they came back, the briefly roamed in pairs before getting parked again.
Are all of the MARC HHP-8's out of service as well?

"Fun City"? It's been almost 50 years!

... arrived into "Fun City" today ...
But looking back on my 50 years here, it has been fun. :)
Dad gave DC that nickname during his years working for DOD.. All those politicians make it "Fun City". :)
Don't mind others using the term where it seems to fit, but it became famous, or infamous, in NYC.

"After Dick Schaap, a columnist for The New York Herald Tribune, coined the phrase Fun City, the mayor [John Lindsay] adopted it to promote New York as a mecca of theater, art and other culture. The phrase came back to haunt him later when the [subway] trains stopped running...."

-- from Lindsay's New York Times obituary

Some vandals placed debris on the tracks which resulted in damage to the 619. They were caught. I hope they are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and since this is Rhode Island, things won't go well for them.

Back