ACS-64 Heads Up

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was #601 the first ACS-64 to be wrecked? Or was #628 wreck before #601?
Where and when was #628 wrecked?

#601 was involved in the May 2015 accident in Philly. Since this wreck had casualties, the NTSB and lawyers probably won't let it be touched for quite some time.

#601 was involved in the May 2015 accident in Philly. Since this wreck had casualties, the NTSB and lawyers probably won't let it be touched for quite some time.
I'm sorry. I found it was actually #629. My mistake. But anyways, was #629 wrecked before #601, or was #601 wrecked first?

I'm sorry. I found it was actually #629. My mistake. But anyways, was #629 wrecked before #601, or was #601 wrecked first?
I had absolutely no idea either, but then I Googled "amtrak kingston crash" for literally five seconds and found out that an Amtrak train whacked a car in Kingston on April 18. Given that 188 crashed in, well, I hope you can figure that one out, I leave it to you to make connections.

Last edited by a moderator:

Google "amtrak kingson ri accident". I never did my kids homework and I'm not going to do yours. I will sometimes point to where to find the answers, though.

Give the kid a break. Yes he could easily look a lot of this up but he's excited about trains and Amtrak. There's not a lot of eighteen year olds as excited about trains as him.

Give the kid a break. Yes he could easily look a lot of this up but he's excited about trains and Amtrak. There's not a lot of eighteen year olds as excited about trains as him.
Exactly! I'm really fascinated with trains! Ever since I was an infant! I'm so fascinated with them, that I like to do research about them! As a matter of fact, I plan to work in the railroading industry someday! And I'm trying to learn about some stuff about Amtrak from other experts on this website!

Research consists of a lot more than asking questions and being spoon fed answers.

It's not giving the kid a break, it's teaching how to function in the real world when you actually have to put forth some effort, rather than just run around and pester your coworkers with questions.

It's obvious from the questions that you ask and the often flawed assumptions that go into them that you've done no research into the topic before letting fly with questions.

Do your homework first, and show up with well thought out questions that can't be answered by a simple google search and you'll have a much different reception.

Exactly! I'm really fascinated with trains! Ever since I was an infant! I'm so fascinated with them, that I like to do research about them! As a matter of fact, I plan to work in the railroading industry someday! And I'm trying to learn about some stuff about Amtrak from other experts on this website!
Just a word of gentle advice ... One very good way to carry on the research that you mention (as something that you like to do) is to get in the habit of first googling (or binging or whatever) the term or thing that puzzles you and see what comes up. Afterall, many of us who are answering your questions are doing exactly that. iI is not like we have everything sitting in our head ready to be poured out at a moment's notice or anything like that. :)

BTW CSXfoamer, since you like EMD diesels, I posted something that may be of interest to you. Take a look at http://discuss.amtraktrains.com/index.php?/topic/67433-new-emd-diesels-in-india/

Just a word of gentle advice ... One very good way to carry on the research that you mention (as something that you like to do) is to get in the habit of first googling (or binging or whatever) the term or thing that puzzles you and see what comes up. Afterall, many of us who are answering your questions are doing exactly that. iI is not like we have everything sitting in our head ready to be poured out at a moment's notice or anything like that. :)

BTW CSXfoamer, since you like EMD diesels, I posted something that may be of interest to you. Take a look at http://discuss.amtraktrains.com/index.php?/topic/67433-new-emd-diesels-in-india/
Well, I didn't necessarily say I like EMD. I'm a fan of both GE and EMD.

Well, there's only one thing left to say on this matter.

Quick....before this disappears, like some of my other posts:

Well, I didn't necessarily say I like EMD. I'm a fan of both GE and EMD.
:huh: I would think being a fan of something would mean you like that something. :huh:

Umm....the 664 test train is out and about today. Normally, this woulnd't phase me. However, the engine has a giant SEPTA logo on the front of it.

Can someone capture a picture of this move?

Umm....the 664 test train is out and about today. Normally, this woulnd't phase me. However, the engine has a giant SEPTA logo on the front of it.

Can someone capture a picture of this move?
I don't have access to it right now on my work computer, but there have been pictures of it posted on the Amtrak Northeast Corridor fans Facebook page.

Google is really very easy. Try Googling "Readers Guide to Periodical Literature" to see how the old schooler's did their research in the days before the interweb. Microfiche was our friend.

Back