Adirondack, Ethan Allen and Vermonter coaches

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jersey42

Service Attendant
Are the coaches all Amfleet I's on the Adirondack, Ethan Allen and Vermonter?

What about Business Class on the two trains that offer it (Ethan Allen and Vermonter)?

The Vermonter is all Amfleet-I (Split Cafe for business class) usually with a Metroliner Cab Car (the train has to reverse directions in Palmer, A) that is similar to an Amfleet I with a few little subtile differences. The reverse direction move in Palmer means that also the seats on the train have to be set up in a half-backward, half-forward layout (similar to Keystones and push-pull midwest trains like the Wolverines and Hiawatha). Don't know how they set up the Business class half (I've never ridden in it), aren't their too few seats for that arrangement?

Ethan Allen is the same as the Empire Service consists: normally 4 Amfleet I Coaches with an Amfleet I Business/Cafe in the back. (It doesn't have an Engine Change in Albany)

Adirondack is half Amfleet-Is, (3) half Amfleet-IIs (2) with a full length Amfleet-I lounge normally complete with the Northeast Regional branding on the side (that looks out of place). The conductors are big on boarding by destination but not good about putting the longer-distance travelers in the Amfleet-IIs like they should! The engine changes in Albany.

To round out this list I might as well include the maple leaf: half Amfleet I, half Amfleet II with the Cafe/Business car in the back.

Always been Amfleet I's since I started taking the Vermonter back in 2009. Usually four Amfleet I's (sometimes five or six during the holidays), with a half cafe/half business class car at the end

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back