AGR Acela Promotion

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SanDiegan

Service Attendant
Did any else get the email for the "Take 3, get 1 free on Acela or the Northeast Regional" ?

Amtrak is offering a free round-trip this summer if you take three qualifying round-trips this winter.

Doesn't seem to apply anywhere outside the NEC ?

Did any else get the email for the "Take 3, get 1 free on Acela or the Northeast Regional" ?

Amtrak is offering a free round-trip this summer if you take three qualifying round-trips this winter.

I got it and trashed it. Acela is not worth the $$ for my few short trips on the NEC.

I rode the Acela once on points. I was curious. To me, it's not worth the money. The Acela trains cater to the business people and a lot of companies will pay for the ride. I take Amtrak for pleasure and to save maybe a half hour to forty five minutes on a trip is not worth the much higher price. Then again. Acela doesn't cater to me.

I got it and trashed it. Acela is not worth the $$ for my few short trips on the NEC.
There is one promotion for the Regional and one for the Acela.

I agree completely--I trashed mine, too.

I agree completely--I trashed mine, too.
I got a second one (or did I pull the first one out of the "trash"?) Anyway, it did include the NER offer too, so I signed up for it just in case I happen to ride a NER 3 times in the time frame (unlikely).

Just login to the AGR web site and go and look at "My Promotions". Both appear there if you are eligible (which I am). You don't have to wait for an email to arrive. Actually I never received anything about the Regional one.

The regional one was included, but in smaller print, with the Acela one. I just saw Acela and trashed it. Then I either got a 2nd Acela one or looked in my trash can for the one I trashed and saw below the "big" Acela promo something like "and Regionals too".

You're all correct - I looked in email first, didn't see it, so I just logged into AGR. That pull-down widget on the left didn't show it, either (although I was registered for the Acela promotion and don't remember doing that - I saw an email come in on Dec. 29th saying they got my registration - didn't I see a topic about this one time? That people get mysteriously registered by an unseen hand?)

So I just hit "see all promotions" somewhere on the page and there it was, and I clicked register, and I'm good to go.

Thanks for bringing to our attention that there's a separate promotion including NE Regional. Acela is too expensive for me to bother with.

So do I.

Last year, there was a promo for 200 bonus points for your first Acela ride during the time frame. I never ride Acela (it doesn't stop at KIN), but I signed up anyway. After the WAS Gathering, my account showed I earned 400 points from WAS to BAL!

It was the 100 point minimum (going away :( ), 100 points for 2x and 200 for the first Acela ride! We rode Acela to BAL - I totally forgot about the promotion!

Since it costs nothing to register I just register for everything. Who knows what might happen? :)
Good point (points? :p ), jis. I do that with hotel loyalty programs and might as well start doing that with AGR.

So do I.

Last year, there was a promo for 200 bonus points for your first Acela ride during the time frame. I never ride Acela (it doesn't stop at KIN), but I signed up anyway. After the WAS Gathering, my account showed I earned 400 points from WAS to BAL!

It was the 100 point minimum (going away :( ), 100 points for 2x and 200 for the first Acela ride! We rode Acela to BAL - I totally forgot about the promotion!
That was my first Acela ride, too! And my only one--I was with the best company possible--the Gathering group. After that, it would be a real letdown to be stuck on an Acela with a bunch of serious and self-important corporate types!

I always assumed that a third party service like Award Wallet would eventually introduce auto registrations. Too bad most if not all US loyalty programs started cracking down on anything that wasn't part of their internal points alliances.

Back