AGR Enrollment Referral Requests

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone wants to send me an enrollment code i would appreciate it r chadha 5 g mail (eliminate the spaces in the first part) Thanks!
Sent you a referral + instructions. =)

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone wants to send me an enrollment code i would appreciate it r chadha 5 g mail (eliminate the spaces in the first part) Thanks!
Sent you a referral + instructions. =)
Did you come on here to monitor just this topic?? JEEZ!! That's two in a row.. :giggle:
And only 2 posts on AU!
blink.gif

Hey i was wondering how I could get a enrollment code? My email is: Mariah dot burden at gmail dot com

Thanks

Last edited:
could someone please send me an enrollment code asap?> shantellelq - at - gmail.com

Last edited:
Done. :rolleyes:

You should receive an email from Amtrak Guest Rewards soon!! Just click on the link they provide in the email and sign up. Then if you travel on Amtrak in the next 90 days using your new account number we will BOTH receive 500 bonus points.

Thank You Very Much!!

I am traveling in December. do I want to sign up for rewards now or in December ?
Or at least travel within 90 days of registering.

I don't know where you live, but say you live in Chicago. You could ride Amtrak to Glenview and back - or even take METRA one way - and that would qualify you for the sign up bonus!
excl.gif
Let me see if I got this right. I come here get an enrollment code from someone, which then gives them 500 points and I get my 500 points for enrolling, if I travel within 90 days of enrolling.

Does the person giving me the code also fall under the 90 day rule?

I would get the 500 points even without a code, but it's nice to help out others?

So the plan is, instead of registering today, which I have all filled in except the enrollment code, I should wait until just before a trip that I'll be taking for sure, and use someones code?

Someone send me your code, so I have it ready if I'm going to pull the trigger and take the ride from Milwaukee Airport to Sturtevant WI and back some nice day. :rolleyes: That's one I wanted to do just to get things rolling, and the layover is about an hour. Time for a nice walk.

Thanks and nice to read all about the AGR program. Anything for a discount and maybe help a friend.

I am traveling in December. do I want to sign up for rewards now or in December ?
Or at least travel within 90 days of registering.

I don't know where you live, but say you live in Chicago. You could ride Amtrak to Glenview and back - or even take METRA one way - and that would qualify you for the sign up bonus!
excl.gif
Let me see if I got this right. I come here get an enrollment code from someone, which then gives them 500 points and I get my 500 points for enrolling, if I travel within 90 days of enrolling.

I would get the 500 points even without a code, but it's nice to help out others?

So the plan is, instead of registering today, which I have all filled in except the enrollment code, I should wait until just before a trip that I'll be taking for sure, and use someones code?

Someone send me your code, so I have it ready if I'm going to pull the trigger and take the ride from Milwaukee Airport to Sturtevant WI and back some nice day. :rolleyes: That's one I wanted to do just to get things rolling, and the layover is about an hour. Time for a nice walk.

Thanks and nice to read all about the AGR program. Anything for a discount and maybe help a friend.
As I understand it, you do not get an "enrollment code." You provide your e-mail address to someone who is already a member of AGR. That member then goes to the AGR website and submits your e-mail for the "refer a friend" promotion. AGR then sends you an e-mail inviting you to join. If you join and then take a trip within 90 days of joining, both you and the AGR member who referred you get 500 bonus points.

I am not sure (and I could be wrong about this), but I think you need to apply to AGR using the link provided in the e-mail invite. It is possible that just applying through the AGR website after receiving the invite will not do the trick. It is also possible that getting the invite and then waiting several months to apply will also not work for the referring member.

Yes. However it's not a code so much as an email link with the code already embedded.

Yes. If you don't travel within 90 days they get nothing.

Yes. Some of the folks who routinely post in this thread already have hundreds of thousands of points at their disposal. It's doubtful that a mere 500 points is going to make or break their next trip. On the other hand, maybe you'll get someone who is new to this or is otherwise low on points.

Yes.

Someone send me your code, so I have it ready if I'm going to pull the trigger and take the ride from Milwaukee Airport to Sturtevant WI and back some nice day. That's one I wanted to do just to get things rolling, and the layover is about an hour. Time for a nice walk.
You sound like you're already bitten by the train bug. ^_^

The honest truth about AGR is that the best method for earning points ended when United bought Continental Airlines. The next best method is the Chase Sapphire Preferred card (40K points). After that is the Chase Ink Bold (25/50K) followed by the Chase AGR card (32K) followed by direct purchase through points.com. If you try to earn all of your points by traveling on Amtrak it will take a lot of time and money to get anywhere with the AGR program.

I am not sure (and I could be wrong about this), but I think you need to apply to AGR using the link provided in the e-mail invite. It is possible that just applying through the AGR website after receiving the invite will not do the trick. It is also possible that getting the invite and then waiting several months to apply will also not work for the referring member.
You are correct that the referred person must sign up using the link in the email. Otherwise, the new member will get 500 points anyway (if they travel within 90 days of referring), but the referrer gets no points. I'm not certain about waiting the several months, but I personally would just take a short trip within the time frame to activate the account.

Yes. Some of the folks who routinely post in this thread already have hundreds of thousands of points at their disposal. It's doubtful that a mere 500 points is going to make or break their next trip. On the other hand, maybe you'll get someone who is new to this or is otherwise low on points.
I'm not saying it is, but that sounds like a personal attack on me!

I try to give everyone an opportunity to give referrals. Yes, as a moderator, I do approve "guest" postings, but I wait many times a couple of days before I offer to refer someone if nobody has yet. Remember that I may be a moderator, but I an also am AU member!
rolleyes.gif

FYI, I have only received credit for 6 referrals - and I think 2 were for my sister and BIL!
rolleyes.gif
So I don't "steal" everyone!

I'm not saying it is, but that sounds like a personal attack on me!

I try to give everyone an opportunity to give referrals. Yes, as a moderator, I do approve "guest" postings, but I wait many times a couple of days before I offer to refer someone if nobody has yet. Remember that I may be a moderator, but I an also am AU member!
rolleyes.gif

FYI, I have only received credit for 6 referrals - and I think 2 were for my sister and BIL!
rolleyes.gif
So I don't "steal" everyone!
I can attest that the_traveler does not "jump" on the referrals, using his position as moderator. Not too long ago, I was able to make a referral to a guest shortly after he approved the guest's post. Either the guest did not sign up or did not take a trip, since I have not received my 500 points (but that is irrelevant) :( . My guess is about 40% of my referrals result in points (which includes my sister and 2 friends) :) .

There seems to be a misunderstanding. I do not feel any points have been "stolen" by someone who "jumped" in front of me or whatever. I already have something like 120,000 points myself so what would I need with 500 more? Better to leave those credits for someone who really needs them instead of just throwing them onto yet another giant pile o' points. This is especially true now that this whole tedious process is no longer accomplishing anything at all for the traveling party. I'm not sure why points are being left on the table by others. Maybe they simply don't realize how this works. Or maybe Amtrak has stopped awarding points this way?

Thanks for all the details and information and thank you to the person who responded asking for my email address. I'll be using the referral code in the future.

I don't expect to be a frequent traveler, but if I can gain enough points to save a little of anything, on just one trip someday, I'll be happy.

Yes my first planned trip is going to be a shopping hop to get the account activated. $18 round trip but if I figured right, $15.30 for being a Señor. :rolleyes:

I am traveling at the end of May. Can someone send me a referral code? My email is scases at hotmail dot com

Back