AGR INFO

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rail Freak

Engineer
I purchased a $2000 trip before I new that AGR existed. A local agent in St Pete told me by phone, when I pick up my ticket on travel day to give them my member # and all will be cool???????? I already got 250 pts. from somewhere.

I've done a little research but will most likely be pestering you with questions like How does this Zone thing work? THANX!

:unsure:

I purchased a $2000 trip before I new that AGR existed. A local agent in St Pete told me by phone, when I pick up my ticket on travel day to give them my member # and all will be cool???????? I already got 250 pts. from somewhere.I've done a little research but will most likely be pestering you with questions like How does this Zone thing work? THANX!

Better yet, call Amtrak (the 1-800-USA-RAIL), ask Julie for "Agent", and have them add your AGR number to your reservation. You will need your reservation number or numbers. That way you are not dependent upon a rushed agent at a station adding the number correctly.

I purchased a $2000 trip before I new that AGR existed. A local agent in St Pete told me by phone, when I pick up my ticket on travel day to give them my member # and all will be cool???????? I already got 250 pts. from somewhere.I've done a little research but will most likely be pestering you with questions like How does this Zone thing work? THANX!

Better yet, call Amtrak (the 1-800-USA-RAIL), ask Julie for "Agent", and have them add your AGR number to your reservation. You will need your reservation number or numbers. That way you are not dependent upon a rushed agent at a station adding the number correctly.
Called and AGR agent did not know anything about Zones either earning or redeeming??? So I said Thanx & I'd ask you folks! :)

Called and AGR agent did not know anything about Zones either earning or redeeming??? So I said Thanx & I'd ask you folks! :)
I thought you wanted to get credit for the $2000 in tickets you already bought? The zones only apply to getting free tickets, not earning points on paid travel.

If you want credit for the $2000 trip you have paid for but not taken yet, then either call Amtrak or see the station agent when you pick up the tickets. If you want free travel, you will need to wait until you have enough points.

I thought you wanted to get credit for the $2000 in tickets you already bought? The zones only apply to getting free tickets, not earning points on paid travel.

If you want credit for the $2000 trip you have paid for but not taken yet, then either call Amtrak or see the station agent when you pick up the tickets. If you want free travel, you will need to wait until you have enough points.
I'm sorry, It was a 2 part question. I took the advice to call the agent, she said they had my AGR #. Then I asked about the zone deal & she did not know, so, I'm asking this forum - where can I find Zone Info! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm sorry, It was a 2 part question. I took the advice to call the agent, she said they had my AGR #. Then I asked about the zone deal & she did not know, so, I'm asking this forum - where can I find Zone Info! ;)
I don't have credit for untraveled miles,nor do I want credit,wheeew!

I'm not sure what "Zones" that you are referring to? :huh:

The only 3 "zones" (eastern zone, midwest zone and western zone) for AGR are for redeeming points, not for earning points! Your $2000 spent will earn you 4,000 AGR points! But there are no zones, as far as earning these points!

All you have to do is be sure your AGR number is on your reservation!

I'm not sure what "Zones" that you are referring to? :huh:

The only 3 "zones" (eastern zone, midwest zone and western zone) for AGR are for redeeming points, not for earning points! Your $2000 spent will earn you 4,000 AGR points! But there are no zones, as far as earning these points!

All you have to do is be sure your AGR number is on your reservation!
Thanx,

Where do I find Info on redeeming zones?

PRR 60 beat me to the answer of the zones!
To find the location showing the zones, on the AGR website, click the "redeem" tab and then the "Reward Chart" to see them.
Thank you,

I won't have to worry about that for a while, although don't you have a 3 year period IIRC?
You must take at least one paid trip on Amtrak within a three year period, or you could loose all of your points. But as long as you comply with that rule, you could technically save up your points for say six years or more, before you actually use them. The points themselves don't expire based upon when they were earned. They are good forever basically, or until you use them, forget to take at least one paid trip, or Amtrak decided to terminate the program. Hopefully the later will never come to pass.

PRR 60 beat me to the answer of the zones!
To find the location showing the zones, on the AGR website, click the "redeem" tab and then the "Reward Chart" to see them.
Thank you,

I won't have to worry about that for a while, although don't you have a 3 year period IIRC?
You must take at least one paid trip on Amtrak within a three year period, or you could loose all of your points. But as long as you comply with that rule, you could technically save up your points for say six years or more, before you actually use them. The points themselves don't expire based upon when they were earned. They are good forever basically, or until you use them, forget to take at least one paid trip, or Amtrak decided to terminate the program. Hopefully the later will never come to pass.
Does this mean I get a trip from TPA - WAS Coach for 3,000 pts.?

& TPA - MIA would cost me 3,000 pts?

For TPA to WAS you need a 1-Zone coach seat which is 5,500 points. TPA-MIA is also a 1-Zone ride: 5,500 points.

The 3000 point Northeast Zone award is only for travel beginning and ending at stations between Newport News, VA and New England.

For TPA to WAS you need a 1-Zone coach seat which is 5,500 points. TPA-MIA is also a 1-Zone ride: 5,500 points.
The 3000 point Northeast Zone award is only for travel beginning and ending at stations between Newport News, VA and New England.
Thanx, now I'm gettin a foot - hold.

The Was and Mia comparison is interesting!

Back