AGR MasterCard signup bonus

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jersey42

Service Attendant
The current sign-up bonus is 12,000 AGR points as long as you spend $500 in the next 3 months.

If I wait, are there typically better deals? Based on recent history, how much better do the deals get?

The current sign-up bonus is 12,000 AGR points as long as you spend $500 in the next 3 months.

If I wait, are there typically better deals? Based on recent history, how much better do the deals get?
I don't know about recently, but when I got the card about a year and a half ago it was a 32K bonus and no $500 requirement.

It changes every so often, but you never know when. In fact, at one time on the regular Amtrak page, the bonus was 5,000 points. However if you signed into your AGR account, the sign up bonus offer was 6,000 points! In fact if your computer allowed you to see 2 screens, or if you opened 2 separate tabs, you would have seen 2 different offers at the same time! :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hold out for a higher bonus sign-up. I signed up in March 2012 and got 32K points.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can base it on history, but the banks are getting more conservative these days and you may or may not see such a rich offer again for a good while. If you want the card, you should apply when it makes sense for you.

Back