AGR Question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jack615

Train Attendant
I have a trip I am planning to take to NYC, but since I am going with a couple, one of them might take care of the booking and pay him back. Now heres the question, if he books the trip can I just give him my AGR # to give during the Res and I would still get the points, or if I want the points, I should take the lead and book the trip for the group. I am sure you guys would have some experience with that so I'd figure I would post. Thanks guys for any help in advance.

Jack

You can just give him your AGR number if you trust him and it's decided that he's going to make the reservation.

Now, if a sleeper was involved, which is not the case here, then my answer would be different as you whould need to be listed first on the reservation to get the points for the sleeper fare. You'd still get points for your railfare if you were listed second or third, but not for the sleeper charges.

Yes, he could just say "Jack's AGR # is xxxxxxxxx, please put it on his reservation"! Also, if they are not yet AGR members, refer them, and (until 12/31) they will receive a 1,500 point sign-up bonus - and YOU will receive 500 AGR points! ;)

Back