All Aboard For 'Disney's A Christmas Carol' Train Tour

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrFSS

Engineer
Honored Member
FROM SNEAK PEEKS OF EXCLUSIVE 3D FILM FOOTAGE TO SUMMERTIME SNOW - DISNEY PULLS OUT ALL THE WHISTLE STOPS FOR 40-CITY TRAVELING EXPERIENCE

Departing Los Angeles</B> May 22; Tour to Cover More Than 16,000 Miles

Disney is pulling out all the whistle stops and taking its show on the road with a spectacular immersive and interactive 40-city train tour including a 3D sneak peek of film footage from the upcoming movie "Disney's A Christmas Carol," it was announced today (05/08/09) by Dick Cook, chairman, The Walt Disney Studios. Set amidst a snowy backdrop -- complete with all of the sights and sounds of Christmas including carolers, decorations, giveaways and many more surprises in each of the 40 cities -- the Train Tour is being launched with HP on board as the title and technology sponsor and driven by Amtrak. This family event is for guests of all ages and is free to the public.

Full story and the complete schedule HERE.

Wow, whaddya know?? An attraction like this that will actually visit the nearest home station (Spokane)??? I just hope it doesn't arrive in Spokane in the dead of night like the Empire Builder does. :p I don't know how excited I'd be, however, to see anything remotely related to snow and winter after our ridiculously harsh winter (all-time record snowfall among other things). :p Guess I might as well chance it, though!

And 40 cities in 24 weeks---that sounds like one of Traveler's AGR trips!!! :p :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
The train pulled into LAUS tonight on track 13. Security had one side fenced off and a Surfliner on track 12 blocked most of the other side. They have a couple of wheelchair lifts set out so maybe are planning on being open for train day.

Whooz took photos, see train day LA thread.

Back