Amtrak Autumn Excursion 2016 - 10/29 & 30 - Confirmed

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So far, it consists of 10 Am I coaches and 2 Am Cafe cars. I haven't heard anything about the 10001 or 10004 making the trip and I believe the 9800 has another commitment. However, the plan is still young.
It looks like the 9800 made it after all!

If someone could indicate when the Lancaster photo stop is tomorrow that would be greatly appreciated
There is a photo stop on both days. Announcements will be made prior to 7:30a. Enjoy your trip and pictures on bridges are appreciated.

Well, a line seems to have materialized in front of Track 9/10 without any formal announcements, so...yeah :)

---PCJ

Us too!

We're near the end - didn't get the car number - but we're in 2D, F, and A.

Proximity to the bathroom and room to wiggle is key when you're 7 years old.

The souvenir pin is back, and it's included in the fare, this year....very nice with the 145 depicted. :)

Bruce Van Sant is doing a great commentary on the PA...

Just heard it on the scanner. About 5 miles east of Lebanon just 5 mins. ago!

Cooling my heels in 82744, waiting out the wait :) Ah, NS is now passing us, and now we're moving.

Haven't encountered anyone recognizing my AU nick (or the AU logo) on a nametag I got pinned on.

---PCJ

Last edited by a moderator:
Cooling my heels in 82744, waiting out the wait :) Ah, NS is now passing us, and now we're moving.

Haven't encountered anyone recognizing my AU nick (or the AU logo) on a nametag I got pinned on.

---PCJ
I think I'm in 82647 with a few others scattered about in the same car

We're heading to the Rockville Bridge to wye.

Caught a glimpse of GG1 4859, as we passed the Harrisburg station....lookin' great! :)

Two years ago, it was under a shroud...

Heard something interesting...from Lancaster we will be going "pans up"!

The 642 will be powering us all the way home... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back