Amtrak Baggage Cars.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amtrak Railfan said:
May I see this Cars on all Amtrak Routes?
I have no control over that. :lol:

However, yes these cars can be found on basically all Amtrak Routes. Some are used for mail while others for baggage. However, you might also see a conventional (non-converted) baggage car as well. The converted ones saw a great increase in usage once Amtrak pulled its MHC's.

Amtrak Railfan said:
Will I want to talk about the MHC Mail Cars are this cars was scrapped or soon will be scrapped?
No, the MHCs have not been scrapped, but sold off the small freight railroads who can run them at low speeds. The reason Amtrak had to sell the MHCs was because if they were run very fast, they would derail.

Viewliner said:
Amtrak Railfan said:
May I see this Cars on all Amtrak Routes?
I have no control over that. :lol:

However, yes these cars can be found on basically all Amtrak Routes. Some are used for mail while others for baggage. However, you might also see a conventional (non-converted) baggage car as well. The converted ones saw a great increase in usage once Amtrak pulled its MHC's.
Had one on the Crescent a few days ago.

Hello good morning is all of the 1700 series Baggage Cars are in Phase 4 or not? :)

Guest_Amtrak Railfan said:
Hello good morning is all of the 1700 series Baggage Cars are in Phase 4 or not? :)
Good Morning,

I think they all are but there might still be in Phase 3, but I'm unsure. ;)

Hello Good Morning once again and the about the Baggage Cars are the cars are in the new Phase and some in the old Phase? :)

When the 1700 series Baggages were converted from Heritage Coaches they were put into Phase IV. Some 1200 series Baggages are in Phase III, while others got repainted into Phase IV. Though, none are painted into Phase IVb yet, I'm sure they will be in the future.

Hello When the Ethan Allen Express,the Vermonter and the Adirondack Baggage Cars left from its routes? :)

Guest said:
Hello Good Morning once again and the about the Baggage Cars are the cars are in the new Phase and some in the old Phase? :)
Like amfleet said, it varies depending on car. I had a baggage car on the zephyr in phase III.

Hello When the Ethan Allen Express,the Vermonter and the Adirondack Baggage Cars left from its routes? :)
Those trains all lost their baggage cars last summer. This was becuase not a lot of passengers had luggage they wanted to check and put in the baggage car. :)

When the Amtrak Train Vermonter was had a its own baggage car is the Baggage car was in the back on the Train? :)

On Amtrak's Sliver Service Trains is the Baggage Car in the Back of the Trains sometimes? :)

Is the Amtrak's Lake Shore Limited New York Train have the Baggage Car on the back of the Trains thats right?

:)

For a while the Star and Palmetto bug were both carrying the baggage car on the bottom. The Star has reverted to baggage up front due to the fact that the Conductor working baggage is responsible for the sleepers also. Palmetto bug continues to carry the baggage on the rear, and is still a member of the Silver Service family. The Crescent also carries a baggage car on the bottom for mail from NYP-ATL.

On Amtrak's Sliver Service Trains is the Baggage Car in the Back of the Trains sometimes? :)
For a period of time it was on the Silver Star, but they stopped doing it before it derailed a few months ago.

It was in the back for about three months before it was brought up as a safety concern, as no one had a very good angle on the activity in the sleepers.

On Amtrak's Three Rivers Trains is the Baggage Car in the back of the Train from New York NY - Philadelphia 30TH Street Station and the Baggage Car in front of the Train from Philadelphia 30th Street Station to Chicago IL that is right? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back