Amtrak Booking Turnover

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anderson

Engineer
This probably belongs in an FAQ, but what time does the Amtrak booking system "turn over" each morning and re-list canceled bookings?

This probably belongs in an FAQ, but what time does the Amtrak booking system "turn over" each morning and re-list canceled bookings?
As far as I know, if a passenger cancels a booking, either on-line, by phone, or in person, the space is immediately returned to inventory and available for sale. In the case of bookings made by phone and held pending payment, if the payment is not received by the specified due date, the system sweeps those reservations out at about 4am the next morning and returns them to inventory.

Alan can correct any misconceptions I may have, but that is how I believe it works.

As far as I know, if a passenger cancels a booking, either on-line, by phone, or in person, the space is immediately returned to inventory and available for sale.
I can vouch for this.

Back when AGR was handled by Carlson, I had a BC seat on the Pennsylvanian that I wanted to convert from paid to AGR (along with others). All BC seats on the Pennsy were sold out. The AGR agent made a conference call to a regular Amtrak agent to cancel my paid res. As soon as it went back into inventory (a minute or two later), the AGR agent grabbed it for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back