Amtrak Consist sitting at RVR

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

capltd29

Lead Service Attendant
I noticed this morning going through RVR on train 194, that there was an additional Amtrak consist sitting on the new station track that has been put in at the station. It consisted of a P42, two cafe cars, an amfleet 1 coach, and a baggage car. There was also another P42 sitting further south on the new track.

I was just wondering what might be sitting in Richmond. I have never seen the new track used (still rusty as well), so I thought that this might be some procedure for integrating the new track into the CSX signaling?

Anyways, don't know if anyone had heard anything and I was just wondering

I noticed this morning going through RVR on train 194, that there was an additional Amtrak consist sitting on the new station track that has been put in at the station. It consisted of a P42, two cafe cars, an amfleet 1 coach, and a baggage car. There was also another P42 sitting further south on the new track.
I was just wondering what might be sitting in Richmond. I have never seen the new track used (still rusty as well), so I thought that this might be some procedure for integrating the new track into the CSX signaling?

Anyways, don't know if anyone had heard anything and I was just wondering
When is the new Virginia funded frequency to RVR starting? Perhaps this is in preparation or maybe it has already started. I don't know if it has since I have not been following it closely enough. But the Summer timetable advertises an additional frequency to RVR.

When is the new Virginia funded frequency to RVR starting? Perhaps this is in preparation or maybe it has already started. I don't know if it has since I have not been following it closely enough. But the Summer timetable advertises an additional frequency to RVR.
Mid July.

It was a training train for a conductor promotion class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back