Amtrak Northeast Train information.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually the train will carry 15-25 Express Cars and RoadRailers. This is probaly the biggest train for Amtrak in the Express/RoadRailer business right now. The Silver Star/Palmetto would probably take second place.

There are somewhere in thenighborhood of 50 in service. Amtrak purchased 55, a few have been scrapped over the years due to various accidents.

Whether the car carries skis or not, I'm not sure (I doubt it though), but there is a recent picture of Adirondack on railpictures.net click here to see it.

Amtrak Railfan said:
Where is the Viewliner Sleeper on Amtrak's Federal?
The Viewliner Sleeper is on the rear of the Federal, followed by a Business Class/Cafe. Coach/Cafe, and 4 Coach Class cars and either an AEM-7 (AC or DC) and a HHP-8 locomotive leading for power. The Federal no longer carries a baggage car as the Twilight Shoreliner did. The Twilight Shoreliner also had the Sleeper on the rear.

You kind of started from the back and made your way forward, so goin in the normal order it'd be Road Power (AEM-7 or HHP-8), 4 coaches, Coach Cafe, Business Class Cafe, Sleeper bringin up the markers.

Amfleet said:
Amtrak Railfan said:
Where is the Viewliner Sleeper on Amtrak's Federal?
The Viewliner Sleeper is on the rear of the Federal, followed by a Business Class/Cafe. Coach/Cafe, and 4 Coach Class cars and either an AEM-7 (AC or DC) and a HHP-8 locomotive leading for power. The Federal no longer carries a baggage car as the Twilight Shoreliner did. The Twilight Shoreliner also had the Sleeper on the rear.
The sleeper isn't followed by anything. It however is preceded by all those other cars that you mentioned. :)

When the Students is going to School or to University this September can the Students can take Amtrak?

Why couldn't they? I ride Amtrak frequently as a student at the Univ. of Nevada in Reno. :rolleyes:

Around this time of year, many students take the Lake Shore Limited from Pittsfield to colleges such as U-Mass in Worcester and Boston Collage as well as other colleges, Im sure there are thousands of other students doing this across the nation as well.

I'm sure that many students take Amtrak to and from school; otherwise Amtrak wouldn't continue to offer the "Student Advantage" discount. This program is quite successful, so there must be quite a few students who use Amtrak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back