Amtrak Outlines Plan to Improve Ontime Performance

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He may like the pointless arrow, and so do I, but for Amtrak's image it is easier to stick with the "Three Sheets to the Wind" (which I've grown to like more and more every day). All locomotives are getting painted into it, along with other equipment, plus all Amtrak's publications now use that logo. The only thing left is too change the station signs, which will probably be an easy task. I guess the arrow is now pretty "pointless"!!! Hah, hah, hah. :lol:

Looking at something for the kind of time needed to discern that would give me a headache...had to be very careful about how I worded that one :)

I've seen a few of the Phase VI in the past few weeks, and don't like them. My reason is that the numbers on them are so freaking small that its hard to get consist info off of them. In regards to the state of repair with the Amfleets approx 1/2 of the fleet has been brought into Concept 2000 standards. I don't know the exact plans to finish the refurbishments (especially to the lounges), but I hope that they finish them soon. When i got off 97 on Sunday my Dad said to "Youve been in the lounge" he could smell the reek of cigarettes on me.

hello

I will have to go with the new 3 sheets logo. It looks more modern. the arrow looked very 70's.

battalion51 said:
I've seen a few of the Phase VI in the past few weeks, and don't like them. My reason is that the numbers on them are so freaking small that its hard to get consist info off of them. In regards to the state of repair with the Amfleets approx 1/2 of the fleet has been brought into Concept 2000 standards. I don't know the exact plans to finish the refurbishments (especially to the lounges), but I hope that they finish them soon. When i got off 97 on Sunday my Dad said to "Youve been in the lounge" he could smell the reek of cigarettes on me.
I don't know how you saw cars in Phase VI since it's only being applied to Amfleet I's in the Northeast, not Amfleet II's. Plus I have pictures of the Phase VI scheme and the roster numbers are large and have been appied directly next to the bottom sill of each end window on the car.

Amfleet said:
battalion51 said:
I don't know how you saw cars in Phase VI since it's only being applied to Amfleet I's in the Northeast, not Amfleet II's. Plus I have pictures of the Phase VI scheme and the roster numbers are large and have been appied directly next to the bottom sill of each end window on the car.
Although I doubt it, Miami Joe has said in the past that Amtrak does deadhead Amfleet ones occasionally, so its possible a Phase VI made it down there.

As for the arrow, I disagree, I think the red, white and blue are patriotic.

The Arrow was seventies and those tones of blue and red went out of style. I do like the use of the dark blue with red and white pin stripes though. If you think about it this is the first time in 20 years that an Amtrak logo has actually been applied onto a piece of equipment.

CREW-DORM#2524 said:
we did have a phase VI amfleet II coach on 91 about 2 weeks ago.
You sure? It had the three sheets logo? I hope someone (Joe if he ever comes back) could get a picture if this holds true.

Viewliner said:
CREW-DORM#2524 said:
You sure? It had the three sheets logo? I hope someone (Joe if he ever comes back) could get a picture if this holds true.
Well we have two sources saying that Phase VI equipment is in Florida so my guess is Amfleet II's are being put into the new scheme when going through matainence. Maybe Viewliners and Heritages will get it too.

Joe was signed in over the weekend, just didn't post! B)

Paint jobs?

I'm more interested in the 3 million dollars worth of stock Amtrak employees have told me never made it from the Chicago warehouse to the trains. That's one heck of a dent in a srtressed budget!!! Where did it go? I dunno!

I'm more interested in lazy conductors who don't bother to check if rooms are available when a request is made onboard. This was the Coast Starlight between Sacramento and Seattle on the evening of December 4th-5th. We asked the conductor once in the station (Sacramento), and twice on the train, to check if a room was available. He just said "probably not". At Klamath Falls, when the crew changed, we asked the new shift Counductor Jim Kelly, if rooms were available. Mr. Kelly, a true credit to Amtrak, PROMPTLY called the sleeping cars and ASKED. Pretty simple, eh? As it turned out, rooms WERE available, and had been ALL NIGHT!

Not only did Mr. Kelly get us a room, he also had our breakfast money REFUNDED, as WE SHOULD HAVE HAD A ROOM PREVIOUSLY!

This is the kind of QUALITY SERVICE that America used to be famous for and proud of, and, sadly, is not the norm anymore.

Thank you, Mr. Kelly, I hope your service is recognized and rewarded. If Amtrak had more employees like you, it would be a much better railroad.

I'm more interested in those station attendants in Reno closing the station for an hour to go to lunch together when the hours are listed otherwise.

Why paint hours on the door if you're not going to be there? Did you both have to go to lunch at the same time? Not very good policy in the eyes of this taxpaying American.

I hope Mr. Gunn is addressing these problems, and listening to all the very hardworking and concientious Amtrak employees trying to get by amidst all the corruption and graft to deliver service to a public that's kept in the dark about the true reasons why they can't deliver.

I gave my address to a few of these hardworking employees, and they said they would write and address some of these issues for me to pass along to my elected representitives, as well as Mr. Gunn.

I do think Mr. Gunn will listen. I do think he has the best interests of Amtrak and the American taxpaying public, that deserves quality rail service, in his heart.

Why is it, in a busy Sacramento station, the attendant gladly ties my backpack, my girlfriend's backpack, and our shopping bag together and charges $1.50 to check them for a 5 hour layover, and Mr. J. Willigham, the Reno, Nevada, employee, in a deserted station, insists on charging $1.50 EACH for my bag and my pack for about the same 5 hour layover??? (before he boots me out of the station to go have lunch with his buddy)

And, the Sacramento station attendants did this for EVERYONE I saw check any bags, on both my directions of my layovers!!!

Very GOOD service, and very good for Amtrak, unlike the snooty Mr. Willigham in Reno.

A little common service would make Amtrak a much better experience.

And you're worried about the paint jobs???

Amfleet said:
Viewliner said:
CREW-DORM#2524 said:
Well we have two sources saying that Phase VI equipment is in Florida so my guess is Amfleet II's are being put into the new scheme when going through matainence. Maybe Viewliners and Heritages will get it too.

Joe was signed in over the weekend, just didn't post! B)
Yes, I know Joe was here, hope he gets back soon.

I totally agree with you that a lot of work needs to be done to improve Amtrak and paint jobs is one of them. Right now Amtrak is among the midst of about 3 different paint schemes and two logos. Amtrak's image needs to be standardized by making one paint scheme (Phase VI) and one logo (three sheets to the wind)!

Amfleet said:
I totally agree with you that a lot of work needs to be done to improve Amtrak and paint jobs is one of them. Right now Amtrak is among the midst of about 3 different paint schemes and two logos. Amtrak's image needs to be standardized by making one paint scheme (Phase VI) and one logo (three sheets to the wind)!
Pointless Arrow!!! :p

This is Amtrak

amtk-arrow.gif

This in not

amtrak_logo.jpg

Viewliner said:
Amfleet said:

This is Amtrak

amtk-arrow.gif

This in not

amtrak_logo.jpg
The arrow is POINTLESS!!!! :p :D :lol:

LONG LIVE THREE SHEETS TO THE WIND AND PHASE VI B)

Amfleet said:
Viewliner said:
Amfleet said:

This is Amtrak

amtk-arrow.gif

This in not

amtrak_logo.jpg
The arrow is POINTLESS!!!! :p :D :lol:

LONG LIVE THREE SHEETS TO THE WIND AND PHASE VI B)
Long live the Arrow and Phase VI (With the Arrow)

Long live Amtrak President David Gunn (Fan of the Arrow)

1) I agree, the pointless arrow is more patriotic. The arrow is actually reminds me of rails joining in a turnout.

2) The sheets do look somewhat like an abstract eagle head. Besides, they are kind of levitating. It is a nice logo, but IMHO for an airline.

There are only few things I hate more than flying (unless I am with Singapore Airlines). I do prefre the pointless arrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back