And, yet another question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DocJohnB

Train Attendant
Happy to hear that you were impressed with train travel and you will be a repeat passenger. In regard to the "small" waiting area in CHI, it sounds like you did not use the Metropolitan Lounge on your return trip to St. Paul. You were entitled to stay in the lounge since you arrived into CHI on the CONO in a sleeper car. If this happens again just show your ticket stub, which indicates you were in a sleeping car, to the lounge attendant. The boarding process from the Metropolitan Lounge is well organized and usually occurs before coach boarding in the station waiting area.
The above quote was taken from a discussion in a trip review. I did not want to hijack the writer's post, so . . . . . . . . .

My question: Am I to understand that if I have a sleeper car berth (ticket), I am allowed to use the Lounges on Amtrak? My trip to DFB starts in BOS on a regional train (coach). I have a roomette on the SM from NYP. Can I use the "lounges" in both BOS & NYP?

Short answer, YES! As long as you are departing or arriving on a sleeper, OR if you have a same day ticket for a sleeper in another city , you can use the Club Acela or Metropolitan Lounge in the station!

In your case, you are taking a Regional BOS-NYP and connecting the same day to a sleeper. You can use both CAs in BOS and NYP! And it is possible (from your other thread) that the agent at the BOS CA may be able to change your ticket to the earlier Regional at no charge! (It happened to me while taking an AE. She got me on an earlier train for no extra, even though the earlier train was at a higher bucket!)

Short answer, YES! As long as you are departing or arriving on a sleeper, OR if you have a same day ticket for a sleeper in another city , you can use the Club Acela or Metropolitan Lounge in the station!

In your case, you are taking a Regional BOS-NYP and connecting the same day to a sleeper. You can use both CAs in BOS and NYP! And it is possible (from your other thread) that the agent at the BOS CA may be able to change your ticket to the earlier Regional at no charge! (It happened to me while taking an AE. She got me on an earlier train for no extra, even though the earlier train was at a higher bucket!)
Thanks, Traveler.

In Boston you will have to show both tickets, that is to say the Regional & the Silver Meteor ticket to gain access.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back