Annoying baseball fans

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It definitely varies by region. Cubs, Yankees, and Mets fans tend to trend more towards the obnoxious side. Whereas Marlins, Rays, Orioles, and Gnats fans are pretty docile.
The Marlins have fans? That's news to me especially in light of their attendance numbers.

I'd add the fans who inhabit the bleachers at Dodger Stadium as among the worst in the game.

Philadelphia Phans just talk alot. Of course we boo alot. We're dedicated fans too! Do something wrong we'll let you know.
...and chucking batteries at J.D. Drew, and getting tased by the police on the field, and intentionally puking on people in the stands. The latter two happened just this season in Philadelphia. :cool:

That's just a smidge above the conduct of the worst fans in all of sports...Raiders fans.

I have a terrible confession to make. I've been one of those unruly folks going "home" from a Cubs game. But at least I'm not a fan of baseball, I promise! Speaking of which, I have a question for y'all. Since I'm going to be in Chicago next week, what sort of things should a rail fan do up there? I'm going to be staying in the downtown loop but I have no problem traveling to wherever the El can take me. Maybe a little further if there's a truly mind-blowing event to see. What about the Illinois Railway Museum? Is that worth a car rental or whatever it would take to get there?

On days when the Illinois Zephyr is at high bucket you know there is a day game at Wrigley.
This is off-topic to this thread, but I was wondering what people mean when they say high bucket? I've seen this metioned before, also low bucket, but never knew what it meant. Thanks.
That refers to Amtrak's bucket pricing system - all the seats on the train are allocated to 5 different price "buckets". As the sell the seats they sell them all in the low bucket, then move up to the next price and sell all of those, and so on up the line. So, if you get a ticket for the cheapest price, that's "at low bucket".
Actually on long distance trains there are only 4 bucket levels for coach seats. There are 5 buckets for sleepers, as well as Acela.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't be real sports fans. It's a GAME day and they are talking to girls? Shoot I'm a bears fan, and when we play green bay I don't talk to my gf. In fact she doesn't care to talk to me too.

You've apparently never met a Mets fan at a baseball game in any other city than New York.
You could have just put the period after "Mets fan".
My brothers worse, he's a die-hard Yankee fan :rolleyes: .

What baseball teams have Amtrak sponcership? I know our New York teams, Red Sox, Phillies, etc have Amtrak signage, but what others have signs for Amtrak?
For MLB, it is just the NEC teams that have Amtrak signage - unless it might be a minor league team in some of the smaller cities. I know the Durham Bulls and the Savannah Sand Gnats have been sponsored by Amtrak in the past.

As far as the riders on the train going to Cubs games, can you blame them? They have been loyal fans for years without the reward of championships! I have seen them on the Red Line in Chicago, but not on the Amtrak trains. I am glad to see them using Amtrak for transportation to sporting events, rather than driving.

You've apparently never met a Mets fan at a baseball game in any other city than New York.

What baseball teams have Amtrak sponcership? I know our New York teams, Red Sox, Phillies, etc have Amtrak signage, but what others have signs for Amtrak?
I'm not sure about sponsorship or signage but the CC seems to have some affiliation with the Oakland A's:

http://www.capitolcorridor.org/fares_and_t...kland_athletics

The last CC train I was on had Oakland A's window shades (I've been on a few trains with those) and headrest cover thingies (first time I had seen them).

I'm not sure about sponsorship or signage but the CC seems to have some affiliation with the Oakland A's:

The last CC train I was on had Oakland A's window shades (I've been on a few trains with those) and headrest cover thingies (first time I had seen them).
Oakland Raider's colors would be cool. After the Bears, I always pull for the Silver and Black.

The CC is not convenient for going to a night game though since the last Sacramento bound train stops there before 9 PM. However, it's quite convenient for both A's and Giants day games.

The CC is not convenient for going to a night game though since the last Sacramento bound train stops there before 9 PM. However, it's quite convenient for both A's and Giants day games.
The train itself may not be convenient but the free parking at OAC certainly seems to be. I've been on some Sunday trains during day games and that lot is packed (but not a single person gets on or off the train). On other days there is typically only a few cars parked there.

I agree that the CC schedule doesn't really lend itself with trains being so infrequent (about every 2 hrs on weekends). Unlike BART with trains every 15 minutes. OAC has always struck me as a curious location for a stop...

The train itself may not be convenient but the free parking at OAC certainly seems to be. I've been on some Sunday trains during day games and that lot is packed (but not a single person gets on or off the train). On other days there is typically only a few cars parked there.
I agree that the CC schedule doesn't really lend itself with trains being so infrequent (about every 2 hrs on weekends). Unlike BART with trains every 15 minutes. OAC has always struck me as a curious location for a stop...
Not a curious location at all. There is a BART connection and the connection to Oakland Airport. The train also is pretty good for Raider home games as well or at least more convenient for those.

Not a curious location at all. There is a BART connection and the connection to Oakland Airport. The train also is pretty good for Raider home games as well or at least more convenient for those.
I hadn't thought about the airport connection and I can see where CC could be a more convenient way to the coliseum for those beyond the reaches of BART. I've just never seen many people using that station stop. Maybe weekdays (and Raider games) are different. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back