Another Truck vs Amtrak

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl1459

Lead Service Attendant
The Sacramento Bee is reporting a Amtrak vs Truck at about 8:30 am pst... Apparently the train hit the end of truck and front of trailer and the driver is OK. Fire was still checking if any injuries on the train. I don't know the train number. Truck vs Amtrak Vacaville

The Sacramento Bee is reporting a Amtrak vs Truck at about 8:30 am pst... Apparently the train hit the end of truck and front of trailer and the driver is OK. Fire was still checking if any injuries on the train. I don't know the train number. Truck vs Amtrak Vacaville
#11 would have been in that area right about the same time as the accident. We'll see if it was them.

What a moron. "Just sittin' there at the light waitin' my turn". He really seems to be upset that the train had the audacity to hit him. Here's from my state's CDL manual "Never permit traffic conditions to trap you in a position where you have to stop on the tracks. Be sure you can get all the way across the tracks before you start across." For his callous disregard of human life, property, and the elementary laws of physics, he deserves to lose his CDL, ... and he's lucky he's still alive.

And again, Amtrak just can't buy a break this year.

What a moron. "Just sittin' there at the light waitin' my turn". He really seems to be upset that the train had the audacity to hit him. Here's from my state's CDL manual "Never permit traffic conditions to trap you in a position where you have to stop on the tracks. Be sure you can get all the way across the tracks before you start across." For his callous disregard of human life, property, and the elementary laws of physics, he deserves to lose his CDL, ... and he's lucky he's still alive.

And again, Amtrak just can't buy a break this year.
I saw the video interview clip with the truck driver. I think he may seriously regret having his on scene statements put on video record. If the end of his trailer was on the tracks, how did he not notice the flashing red lights and gates coming down, even if he did not hear the horn?

Amtrak may have to look into putting extra large and extended bumpers on the front of their diesel locomotives if this keeps up.

Amtrak may have to look into putting extra large and extended bumpers on the front of their diesel locomotives if this keeps up.
Or how about placing in front of the lead engine a car/battering ram that is equipped with a Howitzer to blast and smash the fools out of harm's way? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back