Any advice for where to sleep near King St. Station in Seattle, PLEASE

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HuaLamPong

Hello, Everybody :)

I'm going take Coast Starlight from LA to SEA, then connect to Empire Builder to CHI.

I know that it's difficult to predict whether train #14 will reach SEA on time, so

I have some questions:

- If the train arrives on time, or not too late...

Are there any hotel located close to King St. Station?

- If the train arrives way too too late i.e., before dawn...

Can I just wait, or take a nap, at the station?

Thank you in advance for your advice :)

I'm going take Coast Starlight from LA to SEA, then connect to Empire Builder to CHI.

I know that it's difficult to predict whether train #14 will reach SEA on time, so

I have some questions:

Aloha

Haven't checked in a a long time but I think the official OT arrival is two close for a connection. So you will need some where to stay.

At one time in route to Canada, I had located a hotel that over looked the rail lines for $50.00 per night, within one block, but that was 4years ago, so don't remember the name.

Another Time in connecting from the northbound Starlight to the Eastbound Zephyr I spent 4 hours at the Denney's restaurant in Emeryville. I asked and they said no problem, Gave me a booth in the back and woke me with breakfast. Realy nice staff there. Might be able to do the same thing in Seattle depending on times

Good Luck

I took the EB two years ago from Seattle. At that time they were in the process of renovating the station. The seats aren't very comfortable and you'd have a hard time taking a nap. About a block or so from the station there was a touristy area where you could walk around for an hour or so while waiting for the EB to depart. I can't remember what they called the area, but it had some shops and a small museum.

I stayed at a hotel near downtown Seattle and took a cab back to the station.

My wife and I stayed at the Best Western Pioneer Square hotel. It is a reasonable 6 block walk from the station but the weather was nice and it was daylight. Bit pricey($150) but clean and safe area. It is located across the street from the waterfront restuarants and shops. Someone on this forum spoke of the Moore hotel($75), about a block from the Pike Place Market. I don't know about its quality or the cab fare needed. Metro busses in the "gold/yellow zone" are free( need a tourist map). I don't know if baggage is permitted on board the bus. Jim

I have some questions:

Check out the Silver Cloud Hotel Stadium. It is certainly not cheap, but is a very nice hotel with a great free breakfast. Me and my family stayed there a couple months ago, and it is within walking distance of the train station.

Thank you very much everybody for the helpful information :)

Seattle is a wonderful city but not that huge. My wife and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza hotel last September and I VERY highly recommend it. Great location, corner of 6th and Seneca. Easy walk to the waterfront, Pike St. Market, etc. A block away from the main library. We loved it and I got a pretty good rate by searching around the net. It is only a mile or so from the station. It seems to me the cab was less than $10 for the two of us including tip. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back