Any other women actively on this site?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingee

OBS Chief
I was wondering if I am the only woman who posts kind of regularly on this site. Is there any other women or am I alone here?

I was wondering if I am the only woman who posts kind of regularly on this site. Is there any other women or am I alone here?
There are some and EVERYDAYMATTERS is one who I have met and she doesn't live that far from you.

I don't post regularly but I do read this forum everyday.... Lots of great info here.

A lot of women lurk, but don't post very often. Most of us are passengers who don't know the mechanics of a P42 or how many axels are on a P40. However, we have enough rail travel questions and comments to keep things rolling. Literally.

There's Squeekz, JackieTakesTheTrain, HuskerMom, and another one I email back and forth to regularly. I can't remember her forum name and I don't think she wants her real name revealed. There are others, but these are the ones who come to mind.

Betty

HAHA Betty!

Yes, I'm here just about every singe day. However I dont really know the answers to anyone's questions, either. :)

A lot of women lurk, but don't post very often. Most of us are passengers who don't know the mechanics of a P42 or how many axels are on a P40. However, we have enough rail travel questions and comments to keep things rolling. Literally.
There's Squeekz, JackieTakesTheTrain, HuskerMom, and another one I email back and forth to regularly. I can't remember her forum name and I don't think she wants her real name revealed. There are others, but these are the ones who come to mind.

Betty
Well, I do not know much mechanical stuff either. My mechanical ability is largely limited to flipping a light switch. For that matter, my cooking ablility is limited to little more than pouring a glass of water.

Of course if you want to know when the Dololly Express stopped at Podunk,Wherever, in 1956, I just might be your man!!!!

Along with the others which have been listed, there are two or three women who are current or former Amtrak employees who post here on and off. One is WindyCityLSA who used to be an Lead Service Attendant (LSA) I believe out of CHI. Another is RidesOften who is an attendant on the Florida trains who is still employed at Amtrak. I haven't heard anything out of these two in a while with WindyCity being the latest one I have seen postings from. There was another guest poster who was posting a little here for a little while when I first started posting here myself shortly after starting at Amtrak, but I haven't seen anything of here since then. I kinda think it may have been RidesOften posting be she registered, though.

OBS gone freight...

I think it's fair to say that railfans of all stripes are weclome at Amtrak Unlimited, though we have yet to hear from a zebra.

Don't think the mods or admins would argue against a major intent of being inclusive.

Amtrak Unlimited is a big tent.

EDIT: Hell, they let ME in!! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, I'm a member too. Don't post much, unless it's something that I deem 'important'! However, what I deem important doesn't always agree with what others deem important; that's part of the fun! I don't want to sound too stupid in my posts, so, I just read a lot, and learn a lot, and post when I can't find answers to some specific information that I'm looking for....

Don't forget BlueJeanGirl and Alice.
I have met Alice, too, and she is one great Amtrak fan!!
I've met both, 'conducted' by the former in many recent trips of various lengths, and the latter at the 2008 Gathering. Both great Ladies.

Along with the others which have been listed, there are two or three women who are current or former Amtrak employees who post here on and off. One is WindyCityLSA who used to be an Lead Service Attendant (LSA) I believe out of CHI. Another is RidesOften who is an attendant on the Florida trains who is still employed at Amtrak. I haven't heard anything out of these two in a while with WindyCity being the latest one I have seen postings from. There was another guest poster who was posting a little here for a little while when I first started posting here myself shortly after starting at Amtrak, but I haven't seen anything of here since then. I kinda think it may have been RidesOften posting be she registered, though.

OBS gone freight...
It's not a secret or anything that BlueJeanGirl is also a current Amtrak employee, a Conductor on the Pacific Surfliner here in Southern CA. She's fairly active on the fora even recently, and always has helpfully accurate and friendly answers to even our dumber questions. :)

I just noticed that gswager was typing just while I was. Yeah, what he said. :p

And there's me too!

I've read regularly for several months, finally joined a couple of weeks ago, and am looking forward to my first-in-MANY-years train trip in six weeks, with my husband, from Chicago to San Diego to Seattle and back to Chicago.

Can't wait!

Hi Gingee! I've been a member of AU for over a year now. Al (RailfanLnk) and I were at the first AU get together in Chicago and had a great time. We will also be at the AU get together in October and we're looking forward to seeing everyone again. We've met some great people through this forum. Although I don't post very often, I read the forum almost daily and I'm always amazed at the wealth of knowledge.

Brenda

PS. I find that the P40's gear ratio on the 1/4 axle brings alot more diesel auxilary power for the DPU anytime the GG-1 gets slotted into the hole. I find the characteristics of all diesel or electric APU's can co-exist with the DVD along with the DVR's of all locomotive consists. :lol: Just kidding! :lol: I just like to ride trains!!!!

how many axels are on a P40.
I'm not 100% sure either, though I suspect the answer is four.
I thought it was 3¼! :p
they only use 3 1/4 on the cardinal, the other trains get 4 axles plus the 3/4 left over from the cardinal. they don't need em all because it only runs 3 days a week.

Bob
But I thought they had enough P42s that even the Cardinal uses something newer than a P40.

And there's me too!
I've read regularly for several months, finally joined a couple of weeks ago, and am looking forward to my first-in-MANY-years train trip in six weeks, with my husband, from Chicago to San Diego to Seattle and back to Chicago.

Can't wait!
Sounds like a great trip, and I'm sure you'll have fun. If and when questions arise, you know where to look for answers.

Not to me, cuz I'm just a noisy dumb guy, but the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back