Any Trains Crowded???

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PJRACER

Service Attendant
Looking forward to our first time AMTRAK. Question about crowded goes like this>>>anybody ridden the Silver Meteor from Orlando to DC lately??? Or the Cap Limited DC to Chicago recently, or the Empire Builder Chicago to Mpls/St Paul lately??? Are these trains crowded during the July/August period??

Last edited by a moderator:
Crowded - as in SRO or all seats occupied?
huh.gif

Looking forward to our first time AMTRAK. Question about crowded goes like this>>>anybody ridden the Silver Meteor from Orlando to DC lately??? Or the Cap Limited DC to Chicago recently, or the Empire Builder Chicago to Mpls/St Paul lately??? Are these trains crowded during the July/August period??
YES!!!!

In my opinion, not only will the nortbound Silver Meteor from Orlando be crowded, it might be packed. I have seen well over 100 passengers boarding in Orlando during the summer months (or spring break). Boarding in coach will be slow, however, it will be easier and more efficient in the sleepers. If you are traveling northbound from Orlando in the summer, you must pack your patience. :)

Also, it will either be very hot outside or raining at the time you are boarding.

Isn't the Orlando station the one that only boards the first 57 people and turns the rest of the people away? you better get in line early
Actually, in Orlando you'll wait in line for 90 minutes, but the ride lasts for only 30 seconds, then you get in another line and repeat.

Isn't the Orlando station the one that only boards the first 57 people and turns the rest of the people away? you better get in line early
Whatever you're smoking please give me some! :lol: As it's been said already if you have a booked ticket and ticket in hand from ORL or any station, you have a seat or room on that train!

Isn't it interesting where my simple question has taken this subject. Thanks everybody.
There are simple questions, but there are no simple answers (on this board). :lol: :lol: :lol:

OK, PJ I was kidding about the 57 people thing at the Orlando station. I apologize.I know you've had this trip planned for quite awhile, and I hope it goes off without a hitch. I look forward to your positive trip report. enjoy your ride and relax.

Crowded? I should think so, seeing as how Amtrak is on it's way to having its highest-ever number of passengers. Number of revenue passenger miles is another matter, however.

I would expect these trains to be crowded summer time is peak travel season for Amtrak, and as others have stated Amtrak is on its way to a record year of ridership which means there are more people on each train.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back