Anyone know what happened to Silvers on 5/31 South of KIS?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pennyk

Amtrak Rider
Staff member
Administator
Gathering Team Member
Apparently something significantly delayed 91 (Silver Star), 97 (Silver Meteor) and 98 (Silver Meteor) today, May 31st. I did not hear of anything local "accident" or incident. Does anyone know anything? I am just curious (since they are "my" trains in "my" general vicinity).

Thanks.

No the EB is Charlies.. Along with the CS and Cascades.. How he owns that many trains beats me..
There are more of you out there on the wrong coast than us on the left coast :) But montana mike owns the EB (best wishes to him!) and a bunch of us have lots to say about the CS and Cascades. So don't blame me! :)

The CONO is mine. I travel from HMD to Chicago on it at least every other month. And I go to the Hammond, LA (HMD) Amtrak station at least once a week to railfan.

Penny, The Silver Star and the Silver Meteor are mine too!!

Perhaps we can be Co-Owners!!

Well, Penny, guess you need to find another forum to answer your question. As usual on AU, this thread derailed. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Perhaps we can be Co-Owners!!t
Sorry, you and Penny can fight over the Meteor, but the Star is mine because Tampa, and I'm a lot older than both of you, and I have better insurance.

Not to brag, but I also own the auto train, and CL, don'cha know.

Perhaps we can be Co-Owners!!t
Sorry, you and Penny can fight over the Meteor, but the Star is mine because Tampa, and I'm a lot older than both of you, and I have better insurance.

Not to brag, but I also own the auto train, and CL, don'cha know.
I will be going to South Florida this coming week and will be riding the Star one way and the Meteor the other way...... so they will be "mine" for some time during the week. :lol: I will wave when I travel through Tampa.

Looks like pretty soon that the Silver Trains will be like the Card and Lake Shore and have High Bucket Rooms due to all the AUers riding to/from Florida!LOL

And even though their are several others that ride them, I'll claim the Eagles and the Sunset since I have ridden them so msny times and have to to take one or both to do a LD Train trip!

My favorites however are the Zephyr, Starlight, Down easter and Adirondack!

So does that mean the LSL is "my" train? Nobody else has claimed it -- and every single Amtrak trip I take has at least one leg on the LSL, even when I travelled from Syracuse to Utica. ;)

Anyway, I guess nobody knows what happened south of KIS. :mellow:

Hey, what about me?

I just so happened to get on #98 on Friday the 31st. Southbound #91 came in Kissimee first, several hours late. Since Kissimmee, FL has only a single track (with a small stub ended siding for track equipment storage), that meant doing the dance with the other trains scheduled to roll around 1:00PM, namely #97 and #98.

So, after #91 came and went, dispatchers had to decide how to dispatch the other two on time trains awaiting their turn. The decision was made to get southbound #97 out of the way, because northbound #98 was already running a a half hour late, and would get a little later because a handicapped passenger requiring a portable lift-elevator to reach the sleeper was amongst the passengers. That handicapped passenger was my mother. Both going down and returning back, Amtrak's staff did an amazing job, and I'd like to write a letter commending them, but I did not write their names. If anyone from Amtrak has the names of the sleeper, diner, and station staff name from Kissimee and NY Penn, #97, May 13 -14 ,and #98, 30 - 31, please "pm" me. Or if anyone recommends just sending a letter of praise overall for everyone on board in general. I can provide management with ticket, sleeper car, and room numbers.

Anyway, they decided to let the on time southbound #97 stay on time, and the already late #98 hold for clearance. This rendered the first time I saw three trains in Kissimmee on the same day ever.

Incidentally, we #98 left an hour late, and ended up making up the time, arriving into NY Penn about 10 minutes early.

So does that mean the LSL is "my" train? Nobody else has claimed it -- and every single Amtrak trip I take has at least one leg on the LSL, even when I travelled from Syracuse to Utica. ;)

Anyway, I guess nobody knows what happened south of KIS. :mellow:
As usual, I am late to the party. But I too have to take the LSL for two legs. I am going to claim the Boston Branch of the LSL as it is the only way to travel from WOR.

Or if anyone recommends just sending a letter of praise overall for everyone on board in general. I can provide management with ticket, sleeper car, and room numbers.
I believe management can track down names from that information, so please do that.

Thanks for the info Jeff and Steve. When I received no response last night and there was nothing on the news, I sent a text to my friend KevinK and asked him if he knew something. He responded that he did not, but guessed that it was a signal problem. I guess I need to send him a text and tell him he was correct. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back