Anyone Read "Men's Journal"

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan

Court Jester
If you do, check your mailbox for the March 2011 issue, and you'll see a photograph that will look familiar, taken by someone that you know (through the internets, at least)!

Acela 2031 by Ryan Stavely, on Flickr

I'm pretty excited, this is the first photograph that has actually netted me any money - only a few dozen more like this, and all of my photo gear will have paid for itself! I don't know what they article is going to be about, hopefully it'll paint the Acela in a good light...

Congratulations. That is exciting. Must be really neat to see your own work in a publication.

Congratulations!
smile.gif

But I usually "read" some other magazines!
mosking.gif

(Trains and Railfan & Railroad!
laugh.gif
What did you think?
huh.gif
)

Congrats on scoring a sold photo! That's really quite an accomplishment from what I understand. Did they just look you up on Flickr and message you with an offer? Hopefully the article will portray passenger rail in an objective fashion. If we happen to get a substantially supportive article I might buy a couple copies and drop them off at my next waiting room. :cool:

So, the article isn't even about trains (sort of), and they kind of photoshopped it a little bit. :rolleyes:

m203cara.jpg

http://www.mensjourn...m/rapid-transit
If it wasn't photoshopped, I'd sure like to know exactly where on the NEC you took the pic! :cool: And no catenary too! :huh:

Still, it must be a thrill to see your work in print! :)
Aloha

Considering how well the track and train conform to the terrain I suspect that this is more than Photoshooping, more likely it is CGI (Computer Generated image).

Back