Atlanta - Bangor, ME: broken connections

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

hikerdude

Looking at going from Atlanta to Bangor, ME using my points. I have read that AGR only wants to give routings that are on the Amtrak website, but going all the way to Bangor doesn't come up. To add to that I want to leave on a Friday so the hop-around-Boston-connection to the Downeaster on Saturday won't even come up on Amtrak's website. So basically the only thing that comes up is ATL-BOS then I want them to manually add the Downeaster that night which comes in at almost 2AM and then add the bus to Bangor later that day at 2PM. So the question is how likely am I to get AGR to do this? Should I keep trying when I call this week or am I nuts to ask for something so complex?

I would rather spend the night in Portland even arriving late than Boston since hotels are much cheaper.

It is not really overnight though. The regional and Downeaster would connect on Saturday night and the Downeaster arrives at 2 AM and the next bus out is at 2 PM on Sunday so it would be the same day as well

Back