Baggage Question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be on the NB Silver Meteor soon, and I have a rather large bag with me. The station is Delray Beach (DLB), which doesn't have a baggage handler. However, the next stop some 15 minutes down the line (WPB) does. If for some reason they don't let me bring it aboard, would they let me bring it for those 15 minutes and then check the bag in West Palm Beach? Thanks guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Normally, you have to check your baggage at least 30 minutes before the train departs. There are very few stations where you can expect the train to wait for more than 30 minutes to allow you to check baggage. So the answer is almost certainly "no".

ETA: But if you can get your large bag aboard the train yourself without assistance, nobody will bother you about it. And there should be plenty of room in your car for luggage, whether you are in sleeper or coach.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is plenty of room in the car for baggage. Remember that many more stations do not offer checked baggage service than do offer it. And as said you must check your bag at the station (now it is) 45 minutes before departure. And the train will not just sit for 45 minutes at the next station just so one person on the train (who is already on the train) can check a bag.

Besides, as you said, if you carry it on at one station could it be checked at the next station? If you could check it, you would have to retrieve it to carry it off and bring it to the agent. Why not instead of getting it there in the car to get it in the car at the final destination? :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back