Baggage Storage

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Flying up to D.C. in Oct. to visit some friends. On my return I'm planning on taking a early morning train(coach) to NYP to do some sightseeing. Will arrive before 9:am that Sunday . My question is can I leave my baggage in the lounge that morning since I have reserved a bedroom that evening returning to Mia.

I assume you mean at NYP?

I don't think you could leave your bags in the lounge all day. But you can do one of 2 things:

1) If you're going to check the bags on the train to MIA that night, you could just check them that morning, or

2) You can day check the bag(s) you're not going to check at the baggage check counter.

I believe, but I'm not positive, that it is possible for you to leave your bags in the NYP Club Acela lounge for the day. But if you do, know that the bags are in a common, unlocked room that anyone in the lounge can access. I think it highly unlikely that your bags would be taken, but you do need to understand that there is always that chance and that no one at Amtrak will be responsible for them.

If you do leave them there, I highly recommend that you make certain that they are well tagged and perhaps even have some unique marking or colorations on them, so that there is less chance that someone accidentally grabs your bag because it happens to look like their's.

If the attendant tells you no, or you decide not to risk it, there is always the day checking. But that is a bit expensive IMHO, last I knew it was 5 bucks per bag.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thankyou all for your input. My plan was to leave my baggage at Club Acela at Penn Station. As "AlanB" pointed out if I dont feel comfortable leaving them their I will do Day checking as you all suggested. Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back