Bedroom E--E for Excellent or Excreable?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

socalsteve

Train Attendant
My wife and I are booked in Bedroom E on the SWC in August. (The son is in his own roomette). So, is E a good bedroom or a stinkburger?

I tried searching, but the engine doesn't like to search for words of one letter, like E.

My wife and I are booked in Bedroom E on the SWC in August. (The son is in his own roomette). So, is E a good bedroom or a stinkburger?
I tried searching, but the engine doesn't like to search for words of one letter, like E.
I had E on the SWC in Feb. I thought it was great. The beds are toward the wall next to the stairs, but we didn't have any noise problems at all.

I've never had any problems with E either. IMHO the least desirable room is A, and only because of the cut corner that forces the relocation of the vanity/bathroom reducing floor space. But it's not like A is a dog either, just not as nice as the rest.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never had any problems with E either. IMHO the least desirable room is A, and only because of the cut corner that forces the relocation of the vanity/bathroom reducing floor space. But it's not like A is a dog either, just not as nice as the rest.
Thanks to all. I knew that there was one bedroom that was considered not-as-good as the others, but I couldn't recall which one it was. I can't remember which bedroom we had the only time we had one; our other trips having been in the family bedroom.

Basically, I can't remember much, it would seem.

"E" is for excellent; you could not have done better. You are in the middle of the car which leads to a better ride. You have the coffee/ice station right next store. The car attendant is in the first roomette past the bedrooms and there is a hall potty if you decide yours is too cramped. And when you board and de-train it's just a simple walk up and down. Apparently you were given the luck of the draw and picked a bulls-eye. And noise?; never have heard any in many E room trips. Now if you can combine it with room D that would be delightful as the inside door slides open to make a bedroom suite. Talk about nice!

"E" is for excellent; you could not have done better. You are in the middle of the car which leads to a better ride. You have the coffee/ice station right next store. The car attendant is in the first roomette past the bedrooms
AH HAH, I was gonna ask that question!

I wondered where the SA hung out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back