Birds on the Train

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend of mine is a parrot breeder and wants to take the train from LA to San Diego to deliver a bird. The bird is valuable and he doesn't want to ship it by normal means. I know you can't carry dogs and cats on the train but how about birds. I suggested putting the bird in a box but there is no guarantee that the bird will keep his mouth shut.
No doubt the bird would behave better than many riding in coach. ;)
Are you trying to tell us that you've run into birdbrains in coach? :unsure:

"Oh, no, I'm just pinin' for the fjords..."
Pinin' for the fjords!? It's not pinin' for the fjords. It's stone dead! It's run down the curtain and joined the choir invisibule!

I agree that this topic is out of control, and I'm proud to contribute to its derailment.

Next thing you know we'll have the Spanish Inquisition in here.

Pinin' for the fjords!? It's not pinin' for the fjords. It's stone dead! It's run down the curtain and joined the choir invisibule!

I agree that this topic is out of control, and I'm proud to contribute to its derailment.

Invisbule? :unsure:

!!! :)

Invisbule? :unsure:

"Invisbule"? Maybe Patrick was trying to say the parrot could ride in the vestibule! Brilliant idea!

I forgot about Special Agent Pat in San Diego.

He probably monitors all the RailFan sites. My friend and his bird would have walked into a trap.

And if he tried to take a picture of the bird at the station they would have both been caged.

Last edited by a moderator:
So somebody thinks that Coach is for the birds, huh?

And every time the OP calls Amtrak to see if he can find somebody who will say it's ok, they all just keep parroting the same answer.......

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is mind bending right now
Bending minds is what we do here, little matey. Seems to be workin', eh?

For sure, this forum has showed me that there is no reason to hide my foaming. before I used to just jokingly bring up taking all these rides to my folks. Now I'm on some kind of rails every weekend. I am happy to engage in a converstation with my friends about how being able to drive isn't that exciting to me. Since Id rather take the train :p :p

It would be to much of a risk not to mention bad for Polly. My parrot died last month, it was the second on in less than a year. I would hate to see anyone go through that kind of pain.

A friend of mine is a parrot breeder and wants to take the train from LA to San Diego to deliver a bird. The bird is valuable and he doesn't want to ship it by normal means. I know you can't carry dogs and cats on the train but how about birds. I suggested putting the bird in a box but there is no guarantee that the bird will keep his mouth shut.
They don't call the CONO the "chicken bone express" for nothing.

So I think what you are telling us, is don't use a guide chicken on the CONO. :blink: :unsure:

Aloha

For sure, this forum has showed me that there is no reason to hide my foaming. before I used to just jokingly bring up taking all these rides to my folks. Now I'm on some kind of rails every weekend. I am happy to engage in a converstation with my friends about how being able to drive isn't that exciting to me. Since Id rather take the train :p :p
The right approach to dealing with this is to make the subway a part of your daily commute.

I am just afraid someone will blame me for starting this post.

It was a bird brained idea but done with good intentions.

Yeah, but we here on the East Coast have been calling the "Palmetto" (trains #89 and #90 SAV-NYP) the "Chicken Bone Express" for a lot longer than those guys on the CONO! Even when it was a Florida train! :lol:

OBS gone freight...

I am just afraid someone will blame me for starting this post.It was a bird brained idea but done with good intentions.
Yeah, but this has been a fun thread! A little bit of serious topic and a little bit of everything else!

OBS gone freight...
Fun is a key word here, and oh... how tweet it's been! :unsure: {Did I say that?}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back