Bonus points when purchasing

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronkstevens

Service Attendant
I know there are occasionally "specials" where you get bonus points when you purchase points (typically something like 3,000 points when you buy 10,000).

Last year when I bought my points it seemed like the offer was pretty common. Now this year I need to get some (just a tad short for a 3 zone trip). Are there "normal" times of the year when they run this special? I don't want to miss out and purchase the points I need only to see the following week that if I had waited I could have received extra points.

Some of us got the bonus points earlier this year. No rhyme or reason to who gets the offers and when.

As said, no special time to count on, but it seems there is one near the end of every year. Also, many are now targeted. I have not received one, but some have received many of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of us got the bonus points earlier this year. No rhyme or reason to who gets the offers and when.
Both my wife and I received emails about the purchase bonus earlier this year. I purchased points for myself but waited to purchase her points. When I went to purchase her points (after the promo expired) I was surprised to see the promo was still in effect.

It pays to go through the motions right up to the purchase decision and see what happens! Right now, I still see the promo although at the new higher purchase price.

Back