Bookings to Burlington Not Possible?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Website hasnt been working. One must call Amtrak. I got my ticket from BTN to NYP for the 29th. Super excited!

Have any of you trying to book Burlington service online tried to CALL Amtrak instead? If so, please let us know your experience.

Edit to add: Yes, this should be doable online---bad on Amtrak for not making it so. But it still begs the question: Is the problem with the online booking system, or is Amtrak not actually running those trains on the days you want to book?
i got my ticket by calling early this afternoon! NYP bound from BTN on July 29!!!

Amtrak website not working for some bookings to/from BTN. Shows almost sold out out of BTN on first train July 29.

I know Amtrak is aware of the website and phone app booking problem with BTN.

Separately, one cannot purchase a ticket on train 66 from ALX. It shows sold out for every date and they are working on that problem, too.

By 8pm on Tuesday night, the website and phone App were in full working order for Burlington Union Staton.

In general, I find with the website that if you type in the 3-letter station code, it will not load the station unless you type it in all capital letters.

By 8pm on Tuesday night, the website and phone App were in full working order for Burlington Union Staton.

In general, I find with the website that if you type in the 3-letter station code, it will not load the station unless you type it in all capital letters.
Works without Caps if, after typing it in, you either click on the station in the drop-down list that's displayed, or ensure the correct station is highlighted in the list and hit the Tab key. I wasn't aware that you could type in Caps and skip those steps; I'll have to try it.

It seems like the reservation system works for trips from BTN to other points on the Ethan Allen line, but doesn’t work for some/all trips involving connections (at least it doesn’t for the Lake Shore Limited). So if you’re looking for something with a connection try just doing it with multi-city..

It seems like the reservation system works for trips from BTN to other points on the Ethan Allen line, but doesn’t work for some/all trips involving connections (at least it doesn’t for the Lake Shore Limited). So if you’re looking for something with a connection try just doing it with multi-city..
Since the connections must be entered city pair by city pair into antiquated Arrow, it always takes awhile for them to catch up with connections for new service or even schedule changes. Some valid city pairs never make it at all.

Since the connections must be entered city pair by city pair into antiquated Arrow, it always takes awhile for them to catch up with connections for new service or even schedule changes. Some valid city pairs never make it at all.
Example: Kelso, Centralia show connections to Train 8 in Seattle, but not to Train 28 at Portland (or VAN) to Spokane. That is even though the trip via Portland is faster and may be cheaper and may have seats open. Worse yet, for the first year of the Pioneer operation a through PDX<>CHI fare was only available via SEA, including an overnight layover in SEA before heading east through Montana. It was 1977, so we assumed that advances in computing would fix this soon!

Last edited:
Back