Breakfast leaving NOLA / CRESECNT

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TishaNola

Train Attendant
Does anyone know how soon they open the dining car for breakfast ? The train departs at 7am my daughter and I have a cab scheduled to pick us up at 5.45 in the morning and im thinking we wont have time to have breakfast before leaving.

Or does anyone know if the subway at the nola / amtrak/greyhound station is open and selling breakfast subs ?

Does anyone know how soon they open the dining car for breakfast ? The train departs at 7am my daughter and I have a cab scheduled to pick us up at 5.45 in the morning and im thinking we wont have time to have breakfast before leaving.

Or does anyone know if the subway at the nola / amtrak/greyhound station is open and selling breakfast subs ?
Also my daughter and I switch from our bedroom to coach in atlanta .

So we should do dinner at the earliest time right ?

I'm not sure about the first question, as I have taken the Crescent only TO NOL but not FROM NOL! Others who have done so will chime in.

As far as the 2nd question, YES! Chose one of the earlier dinner times! [Also remember that you will advance an hour (due to the time zone) before you reach Atlanta!
excl.gif
]

ahhhh so the time change is before we get to atlanta " very good to know !" I was thinking of taking a shower at 6.30 but i guess 6.30 becomes 7.30! So I should take my shower around 4.30

i got the bedroom from nola to atlanta for like 100$ everything after atlanta is sold out so we switch to coach.

ahhhh so the time change is before we get to atlanta " very good to know !" I was thinking of taking a shower at 6.30 but i guess 6.30 becomes 7.30! So I should take my shower around 4.30

i got the bedroom from nola to atlanta for like 100$ everything after atlanta is sold out so we switch to coach.
Yes, they do serve breakfast from NOLA. Serving usually starts by the time the train crosses the lake/arrives in Slidell.

I've been sitting in the dining car for dinner when the train pulls in to Atlanta (when I've needed to get off the train in Atlanta!). But, the train has that layover there, so there's more time, usually.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, they do serve breakfast from NOLA. Serving usually starts by the time the train crosses the lake/arrives in Slidell.
I've been sitting in the dining car for dinner when the train pulls in to Atlanta (when I've needed to get off the train in Atlanta!). But, the train has that layover there, so there's more time, usually.
YIKES lol I don't want to messup on time !

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back