Builder in winter

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Exiled in Express

Lead Service Attendant
I want to book the eastbound Builder for a January MSP-MKE trip, the problem is that I would be connecting to onward flight with a margin of 2-2.5 hours. I don't think the Wisconsin portion of the trip will be an issue but sadly what happens in North Dakota (delays) does not stay there. Do I gamble or play it safe and fly?

As much as I like to promote Amtrak, I do have to wonder, if you're flying out of Milwaukee, why would you take the train down from Minneapolis?

As much as I like to promote Amtrak, I do have to wonder, if you're flying out of Milwaukee, why would you take the train down from Minneapolis?
I live in Saint Paul and got a great deal on a airfare out of Milwaukee, going to San Diego. The savings more than covers the cost of repositioning. I have the day off for an evening flight and decided I would take the train until I realized that the train would be impacted by the same winter conditions I was escaping.

Given my own experience on the January Builder (see here) I'd call the margin unsafe.
That is what I was afraid of, if it gets behind it gets behind a lot. Delta wins this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back