Capitol Limited service alert

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Henry Kisor

Service Attendant
I'm heading from CHI to WAS on the Capitol Ltd on Thursday, Feb. 9. There is a trackwork service alert for the eastbound Cap to the effect that Monday through Thursday, if the train leaves Cleveland (scheduled 108 am) after 330am, passengers for Washington will be bused to WAS from Pittsburgh. I am thinking that inasmuch as I'm leaving on a Thursday night, the train would get to Cleveland on Friday morning, thus the Mon-Thur service alert does not apply. Is that correct?

I'm heading from CHI to WAS on the Capitol Ltd on Thursday, Feb. 9. There is a trackwork service alert for the eastbound Cap to the effect that Monday through Thursday, if the train leaves Cleveland (scheduled 108 am) after 330am, passengers for Washington will be bused to WAS from Pittsburgh. I am thinking that inasmuch as I'm leaving on a Thursday night, the train would get to Cleveland on Friday morning, thus the Mon-Thur service alert does not apply. Is that correct?
That is the way I read it. I'm doing the same thing on 2/19, a Sunday, so will definitely be in the window. I've been checking the archived OTP and it looked like there was one "service disruption" in December 2011, none in November. I'll be checking the site over the next few days to see how many times 29 did not make the 3:30 departure time in CLE.

If anybody knows how many times the 29 pax were bussed it would be greatly appreciated.

The site is: http://www.dixielandsoftware.com/Amtrak/status/StatusPages/

The eastbound train, the one the alert applies to, is #30.

IIRC passengers have been bussed only twice in around six months. So there is nothing to fear.

I've mentioned before that I'm taking 30 CHI-WAS Sat night in March. Is the service alert supposed to apply to trains that depart Sunday evening through Thursday evening (and therefore the track work takes places Mon-Fri) or does the actual track work take place Sundays through Thursdays?

The eastbound train, the one the alert applies to, is #30.

IIRC passengers have been bussed only twice in around six months. So there is nothing to fear.
My bad, meant 30, good news on the low fear factor of a bustitute.

I've mentioned before that I'm taking 30 CHI-WAS Sat night in March. Is the service alert supposed to apply to trains that depart Sunday evening through Thursday evening (and therefore the track work takes places Mon-Fri) or does the actual track work take place Sundays through Thursdays?
The actual track work takes place Sunday through Thursday. The Chicago departures are Saturday through Wednesday.

The actual track work takes place Sunday through Thursday. The Chicago departures are Saturday through Wednesday.
That seems strange, but okay. Thanks. I guess Fridays and Saturdays see more traffic?

Thanks to all for their replies. I'm not so worried anymore. I've never been subject to a bustitution and hope never to be (but expect I will someday).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back