Cardinal Reservations

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

njdon

Train Attendant
I'm trying to use AGR points for a roomette on the Cardianl west bound in June (Trenton-Chicago). The system shows accommodations sold out throughout the month-I'm trying to leave on a Friday. Any suggestions on when best to check for cancellations, e.g., midnight, 0300. Does checking for cancellations on any particular day make any difference. I'd appreciate any help the experienced posters on this forum can provide. Thanks

I'm trying to use AGR points for a roomette on the Cardianl west bound in June (Trenton-Chicago). The system shows accommodations sold out throughout the month-I'm trying to leave on a Friday. Any suggestions on when best to check for cancellations, e.g., midnight, 0300. Does checking for cancellations on any particular day make any difference. I'd appreciate any help the experienced posters on this forum can provide. Thanks

I show availability on the 17th?????

The real problem with trying to get a sleeper on the Cardinal is that there is only 1 (ONE) sleeper on the train, and it only operates 3 (THREE) times a week! That means there is a maximum of 1 H-Room, 2 bedrooms and 12 roomettes per train! And part of those rooms are also used by the crew!
rolleyes.gif

So it is very hard to get a room on the Cardinal - unless you book well in advance!

When I did my reservation for riding the Cardinal last year I had to call 1-800-872-7245(amtrak) and check with a agent on a roomette.

I got a roomette by calling the awards number 800-307-5000. When I attempted to book using 'redeem awards' tab it indicated accomodations were sold out however when I called the very helpful agent indicated there were accomodations available in both directions so I'd really recommend calling rather than relying on the web site.

I got a roomette by calling the awards number 800-307-5000. When I attempted to book using 'redeem awards' tab it indicated accomodations were sold out however when I called the very helpful agent indicated there were accomodations available in both directions so I'd really recommend calling rather than relying on the web site.

I didn't think you could ever book AGR sleepers online and always had to call an agent. Has this changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back