Checked bags - East Coast to West Coast

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This may seem like a stupid question, and I suppose I could get the answer by phoning Julie, but I find the discussions on this forum provide so much more information.

My question is this: I'm going sleeper from NYP - EMY on 141/29/5. Can I check a bag at NYP and pick it up at EMY without claiming and re-checking it at WAS and/or CHI? I think I can manage three nights in roomettes with my two smaller carry-ons and would really like to say au revoir to my larger bag for the time being.

Thanks for any and all advice.

This may seem like a stupid question, and I suppose I could get the answer by phoning Julie, but I find the discussions on this forum provide so much more information.
My question is this: I'm going sleeper from NYP - EMY on 141/29/5. Can I check a bag at NYP and pick it up at EMY without claiming and re-checking it at WAS and/or CHI? I think I can manage three nights in roomettes with my two smaller carry-ons and would really like to say au revoir to my larger bag for the time being.

Thanks for any and all advice.
Since you are checking your bag in NYP it will be sent to CHI on the LSL, then transferred to the CZ to EMY. If you want to take your bag on the Regional it would be checked in WAS-CHI on the CL, then again transferred in CHI to the CZ to EMY. Hope this helps!

Thanks all. I'll just gave to hope my route and the LSL are both on time. Although I suppose I could lug the bag onto 141 at NYP and check it at WAS. I'll see how tired I am wewn the time comes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back