Checking bags the day before in NOL?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John King

Train Attendant
Riding the Crescent next month PHL to NOL and return. I want to check the bags (luggage, not wife and kids) a day early when we return. Will they let me check our party's luggage on Sunday so we don't have to be at the station so early for our 7:05 a.m. departure? And who does the best Orange Blossom Special?

It should be no problem to check your bags the day before.

And you're stick with your wife and kids! They can't ride in the baggage car!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Riding the Crescent next month PHL to NOL and return. I want to check the bags (luggage, not wife and kids) a day early when we return. Will they let me check our party's luggage on Sunday so we don't have to be at the station so early for our 7:05 a.m. departure? And who does the best Orange Blossom Special?
FYI, You might want to recheck your departure time from NOL. As of earlier this year, it was moved back 5 minutes to 7:00 a.m. I know that we departed at 7:00 when we left this past Saturday.

FYI, You might want to recheck your departure time from NOL. As of earlier this year, it was moved back 5 minutes to 7:00 a.m. I know that we departed at 7:00 when we left this past Saturday.
You are correct on that. They pushed up the departure time by 5 minutes. The NEW departure time is now 7AM! Always check the schedules in the days before departure as it could have changed from when you booked as it seems it did in this case. Check Here for the Crescent schedule.

I used this service before and do not remember the time frame, but it as nice to be able to drop bags the night before and just walk in for the train with carry ons. I would check with the station master for the time frame for doing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back