Christmas/New Year period for Star service?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barciur

OBS Chief
Hello

So I've been toying with the idea of going to Miami around Christmas/New Year's period next year (this year it's obviously too late to start planning). I am acutely aware that this is one of the busiest periods for that area tourist-wise, so here's a few questions.

Is there any chance AMTRAK would block the lowest bucket fares for sleepers on the Star service trains? I was thinking of taking the sleeper down and coming back in coach. My schedule is pretty rigid, it would be December 26th through January 4th - a few days somewhere in there. So I have no flexibility.

If not, when is the earliest I can buy? I heard somewhere it's 11 months out. Should they be at the lowest bucket at 11 months out or is it possible that they will start out at the highest and drop later?

Thanks for any suggestions you might have. I understand that it's 13 months away but I decided I'd be on top of it early just in case - knowing how busy that period of the year is for Florida and AMTRAK in general.

Sales start 11 months out. In the past, sales started at low bucket, however that is not always the case now. They may start at (or near) high bucket and drop later to low bucket, but they may never be offered at low bucket. You never know!

You can book at 11 months & then keep an eye on the prices (use amsnag' stare watch) and if it drops, you can call to modify your trip to the lower rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back