Club Acela

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoosierStater

Service Attendant
I've got a coach-only trip coming up soon, and was thinking of getting Club Acela passes? I'm not Select or Select Plus, and I'd have to buy points to get the passes-- to the tune of $80. Is this worth it in anyone's opinion?

I've got a coach-only trip coming up soon, and was thinking of getting Club Acela passes? I'm not Select or Select Plus, and I'd have to buy points to get the passes-- to the tune of $80. Is this worth it in anyone's opinion?
Probably not. It depends on your specific circumstances, but for $80 you could store your bags in a locker and have PLENTY of cash left over for a REALLY nice meal while waiting.

Have you considered taking the $80 and applying it to am upgrade to a Sleeper, even for part of your route? This would allow you use of the CA/ML on any day you had a ticket for First Class or Sleeper Travel! $80 is not worth a few hours in a Lounge waiting on a Train! Check out the price for an upgrade on your route!

I also would say no, especially if you only need one pass. They are only sold in packets of 5, and if you can't use them all by 2/29/12 - then they're not even worth the paper they're printed on!
rolleyes.gif

If you only need one, personally, I would forget EBay (or the like). You don't really know what your getting. Even if they show a photo of a pass that expires 2/29/12, what's to say they won't mail one of their "extras" that expired on 2/28/11?
huh.gif
And not trying to be "the legal eagle" here, you are not supposed to buy or sell passes.

What I personally would do is post a request here on AU! It would save you the $15, since many of us have extras, and will offer them to other members for free!
cool.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I also would say no, especially if you only need one pass. They are only sold in packets of 5, and if you can't use them all by 2/29/12 - then they're not even worth the paper they're printed on!
rolleyes.gif

If you only need one, personally, I would forget EBay (or the like). You don't really know what your getting. Even if they show a photo of a pass that expires 2/29/12, what's to say they won't mail one of their "extras" that expired on 2/28/11?
huh.gif
And not trying to be "the legal eagle" here, you are not supposed to buy or sell passes.

What I personally would do is post a request here on AU! It would save you the $15, since many of us have extras, and will offer them to other members for free!
cool.gif
Well, then, I will request two passes, if anyone can spare them. You can PM me on here, just ask for what 's needed to transfer them.

Not very trusting, are you? Just check the seller's history and easily verify that they are legit.

If the seller shows they're selling a pass that expires on 2/29/12, I am sure that is what the buyer will receive.

Not very trusting, are you?
I have seen on EBay where they will "SELL" you the Amtrak discount codes for $xx! Well, HERE they are. Now everyone who has read this, send me $20 for me "providing" you with the codes! (BTW: I got this list free - like anyone else including the "Sellers" - can.)

Back