ClubAcela Passes Gone?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TransitGeek

Service Attendant
With my upcoming trip this summer, I wanted to see if I couldn't score a few one-day passes to ClubAcela, as it'd give me a nice place to leave luggage in the Northeast. I know I don't have enough AGR points, but I wanted to see how much the passes would cost (so I know how many times I have to spend a Saturday riding the Surfliner back and forth).

Clicking on "Redeem" on the AGR site gives no mention of ClubAcela passes. Are they gone, or is there some other way to find them that I'm unaware of? Also, if they are still around, how much are they?

With my upcoming trip this summer, I wanted to see if I couldn't score a few one-day passes to ClubAcela, as it'd give me a nice place to leave luggage in the Northeast. I know I don't have enough AGR points, but I wanted to see how much the passes would cost (so I know how many times I have to spend a Saturday riding the Surfliner back and forth).

Clicking on "Redeem" on the AGR site gives no mention of ClubAcela passes. Are they gone, or is there some other way to find them that I'm unaware of? Also, if they are still around, how much are they?
They will be available again March 1st, acording to the website:

Our One-class upgrade coupons and ClubAcela passes are currently unavailable for redemption. New coupons valid from March 2011 through February 2012 will be available beginning March 1. We appreciate your patience as we refresh them, and invite you to visit the website at that time to redeem for these items.

Even if you could redeem them now, the passes you would get would only be good thru 2/28/2011. After March 1, those will be good thru 2/29/2012. And IIRC, 5 passes were 5,000 points. (Not a very good rate IMO.) If you only will use 1, maybe someone on AU will part with one for free!
smile.gif
(Unless you plan to use all 5 before 2/29/2012.)

Back