Coast Starlight - Route 14 - Dead North of SLO

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am the OP for this thread, just got home via Southwest, have to say they are alot better at getting people where they need to be ontime!!!

AmtrakLoverAndHater said:
I am the OP for this thread, just got home via Southwest, have to say they are alot better at getting people where they need to be ontime!!!
You lucked out.

Aloha

It's interesting, most of us are content to travel the slow route but use the fastest form of comunications.

Are we OK? :rolleyes:

Got a real nice one on our hands today guys. #11 south is already 10 hours late, not even into Sacramento yet. My guess is they will cancel in OAK and send stub south. Although, I think there already is a stub on its way north in place of #14, though not 100% sure on that one.

denmarks said:
I'm glad that passengers will finially get to Seatle. Since I am planning to stay overnight in Seattle on my next trip, I guess I would still make my connection to the EB with plenty of time to spare if I was on this train.
Is this the latest that the train has ever been? Please followup with the final arrival times. Amtrak web site gave up showing status on this train.
Better hope you have guaranteed hotel reservations. It may be the wee hours of the morning before you get there.

Ok well it appears they will be stopping the real #11 in OAK, and #11 will continue on as a stub train south.

AMTK #122 was lead unit for real #11 south.

Updated: AMTK #57 is the lead unit for stub train #11 south.

Back