Comfortable seats

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that Amtrak's ASI seat design is lacking in comfort. Yes, there is plenty of legroom, but the seat contours are "off".

I can't help thinking if only Heywood-Wakefield was still in business producing their famous "Sleepy Hollow" seats--prevalent on most streamliner era trains. They were supremely comfortable. I could easily do a 'west coast turnaround' in those! :)

Karpen was another manufacturer of well designed seats--they were the original seats on the ATSF Hi-Level's.

I agree that Amtrak's ASI seat design is lacking in comfort. Yes, there is plenty of legroom, but the seat contours are "off".

I can't help thinking if only Heywood-Wakefield was still in business producing their famous "Sleepy Hollow" seats--prevalent on most streamliner era trains. They were supremely comfortable. I could easily do a 'west coast turnaround' in those! :)

Karpen was another manufacturer of well designed seats--they were the original seats on the ATSF Hi-Level's.
Oh man, you are talking about stuff I've never even heard! :wacko: What does ASI stand for? I'm trying to grapple with all this, it seems that Heywood-Wakefield still makes furniture but dosen't make any transport seats anymore. Can't find anything about Karpen.

I was able to find this about Sleepy Hollow: http://streamlinermemories.info/Eastern/SleepyHollow.jpg. They sure do look comfortable. I don't know if I've ever sat in one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back