COMPANION COUPON BIRTHDAY?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GusTrain

Train Attendant
Thanks to all of you wise, experienced Amtrakkers! You always patiently answer my questions as my husband & I plan & take fun train trips!

I have a companion coupon I got when I was issued my AGR MC-I have to use it before the end of the year...to celebrate my birthday we would like to take the CS round-trip from Klamath Falls to San Diego just to enjoy train travel & to visit the Maritime Museum & the HMS Surprise!

My questions:

-I understand the 2 for 1 is for coach, but is it allowed to purchase the roomettes each way as an add-on?

-the long-term parking at the KF station is free, but there is no security-has anyone heard of problems there?

-by mapping it, it looks like the area on the bay we want to visit in San Diego is close enough to take taxis from the train station-anyone have any experience there?

Thanks again!

I can only answer question one:
That is not, as far as I know, possible. Believe me, this is an utterly stupid restriction...given that you get the lowest coach fare when in an accommodation, Amtrak would actually lose less money by allowing one to do this, but it is not possible. With that said, you can at least use the card on the Surfliners between LAX and SAN.

Back