CS to CZ (un)guaranteed connection

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

grounded flyboy

Service Attendant
I have been reading the advice to the topic "First timer nerves" and realized I might need to fix a connection.

I have a res from SEA to SAC on the Coast Starlight with an early morning arrival in SAC. Depart SAC on the Ca Zephyr five hours later, theoretically, for CHI.

The problem: a friend is sharing a roomette as far as Denver and I continue to CHI. I couldn't figure out how to make that happen on the computer so I went to the station and got the tickets for the CZ leg. I have the CS leg reserved in my computer and don't plan to print those tickets until I'm in Seattle.

Finally, the question: Is there a 'workaround' so I can make these two legs a 'guaranteed connection'?

If you have tickets for both trains, your connection is guaranteed. Doesn't matter if they're on the same reservation or not.

I have been reading the advice to the topic "First timer nerves" and realized I might need to fix a connection.

I have a res from SEA to SAC on the Coast Starlight with an early morning arrival in SAC. Depart SAC on the Ca Zephyr five hours later, theoretically, for CHI.

The problem: a friend is sharing a roomette as far as Denver and I continue to CHI. I couldn't figure out how to make that happen on the computer so I went to the station and got the tickets for the CZ leg. I have the CS leg reserved in my computer and don't plan to print those tickets until I'm in Seattle.

Finally, the question: Is there a 'workaround' so I can make these two legs a 'guaranteed connection'?
You have to call Amtrak, give them both reservation numbers and have them connect the two in their computer. Have them send you a new email to verify it has been done.

If you have tickets for both trains, your connection is guaranteed. Doesn't matter if they're on the same reservation or not.

Tom wanted to make it clear, so he posted the EXACT same thing 3 times!
mosking.gif

You have to call Amtrak, give them both reservation numbers and have them connect the two in their computer. Have them send you a new email to verify it has been done.
Amtrak cannot link reservations. They might add a note on one to identify the need to connect, but the reservations will remain separate.

The connection is guarenteed either way. If you arrive late at SAC, showing your incoming Starlight ticket stub and your outgoing Zephyr ticket will get you reaccommodated.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what I've been told by multiple CS agents and supervisors.
I have also been told that AND when I called to try to link them, they stated that they did not link reservations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back