CS transportation on late arrival at LAUS

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hello

Lead Service Attendant
We normally go NB on the CS, but this year we will be doing the SB route. (We have always taken the Flyaway bus ... so easy ... from LAX to LAUS ... but, again, it has always been in the morning.) I do not want to sound paranoid ... how safe is catching the Flyaway if the CS arrives late into the station. IIRC, the bus stop is at the back of the building ... rather isolated ... if we needed to wait about an hour for the next bus. I know the price would be 4X more, but would making arrangements with Super Shuttle be a better idea?

Last edited by a moderator:
We normally go NB on the CS, but this year we will be doing the SB route. (We have always taken the Flyaway bus ... so easy ... from LAX to LAUS ... but, again, it has always been in the morning.) I do not want to sound paranoid ... how safe is catching the Flyaway if the CS arrives late into the station. IIRC, the bus stop is at the back of the building ... rather isolated ... if we needed to wait about an hour for the next bus. I know the price would be 4X more, but would making arrangements with Super Shuttle be a better idea?
Hi Hello -- It is actually not a risky proposition for a few reasons. The area surrounding the Patsaouras Transit Plaza where Flyaway operates from is saturated with law enforcement activity. Across the streets in different directions are facilities for both the LA County Sheriff and LAPD. Also, the Flyway buses park right next to their 24 hour staffed kiosk, so you are always waiting within earshot of LAWA employees. Moreover, there are private security guards patrolling the area as well. Last month, my CS came in after 2A and I had my car parked in the lot below Flyway with no concerns, even in the underground area. In fact, there were Sheriff's vehicles parked not far from mine in a storage area of the lot. Of course keep your senses aware of the surroundings, but I would not be concerned with planning a late night Flyaway if the CS has a late arrival. You'll be waiting right next to the kiosk and there will be personnel close by.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you ColdRain&Snow ... you have truly relieved my mind ... Flyaway it is!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back