CZ Complaint to Chris Elliott Results in Full Refund

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I rode the CS from LAX to PDX on 2/13/12. We were 2 couples in adjoining D/E bedrooms. I was the only one who had ever ridden Amtrak before.

My companions couldn't deal with the cramped quarters in the bedroom, especially using the sink once the beds were made. I kept suggesting using the restrooms in the hall and they refused. My husband is somewhat disabled, so I insisted on sleeping in the upper bunk - it was near torture. I will continue to ride Amtrak, solo in roommates, my husband and friends think I'm nuts.
We have often found that two roomettes can be considerably cheaper than a bedroom. On Viewliners and Superliners both, it means you have to use the external showers but in my mind, it beats showering in a tube. For the Superliners, it also means an external toilet but then again, the internal one is no fun.

If one wants to sleep and the other wants to look out, no fighting over the curtains being closed or open. No fighting on who gets to face forward while sitting at the window. You can still sit and talk or play cards together when and if you wish. Both can sleep on the bottom and the top bunk makes great storage or if one likes to sleep on top (particularly in Viewliners where there is room and a view), then the bottom area can be used for dressing in the morning w/o having to make up beds or disturb the other person.

I've had very good luck with customer service (depends on who you get though..) with issues..and a couple times letters went to the boss.

On the EB once, we were bustituted for 9 hours, last year during the avalanches. THAT was a small part of the issue...aside from a rude SCA, being moved to the transdorm and not even being told about meals/reservations and a NUMBER of other things, when I finally got to where i was going (LAUS) I called and wound up with a $600 some odd dollar voucher...which i used right away to book my trip east. (Never knew you could ask them to hold it and make it an electronic voucher...)

I will say that it;s a LITTLE embarrassing when you call CS and the rep says..Oh, NOW what did we do....
help.gif
BUT I only complained when warranted. (i did a HUGE number of trips in 2010-11..
blink.gif
enough to be SP through 2013!)

That said, while they DID have problems, I wonder why Amtrak just didn't take care of him? Probably since he wanted a refund....yes it was bad, but I've seen worse.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back